• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M chassis steering post

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
How much of a riser or how much longer steering post can you put on an M chassis without adding aftermarket cables and using stock bars? I was looking at the fastline steering post instead of using a riser for a cleaner look.

feetsbig

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
B.C.
Ive got 5.5'' of risers,dont think you will get any more than that without extending

P

promod631

Nov 26, 2007
Alberta,Canada
re.cable

Move throtte cable to right hand side of engine, it is a lot shorter way to the throtte bodies,and you get it away from the heat of the pipe.

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
Unbolt your bars, lift them up until the cables are tight. Have your wife, girlfriend, friend or kid measure the distance between the steering post and the bars. I have a 5" with no issues.

D
Feb 4, 2008
Blackfoot Idaho
I have a 5" rox riser on mine, and all cables reach. You do have to re-route your throttle cable to the other side. The m-8 and m-10 have long brake lines stock. My compliments to cat on there set-up. I would suggest a 3" riser. 4 out of my 5 friends are running 3" and love it. I like a lot of rise on my bars. I am 6'3", but if I had to do it again I would get a ole's 4" with a angled bottom. To not just raise the bars up, but forward as well. The Fastlane steering post is sweet. I just dont want to spend the bank on it.

Last edited:

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
If the fastlane post is bent forward, could work well, when I made a taller post for my M7......... then it was up high and yes nice and clean looking, but too far back for good cornering and steep hill climbs, so on my M8 a higher two swivel riser and f7 bars allows up and forward, and bars rotated for proper wrist angle which is hard to get with stock M series rubber bars just going up higher. other issue was.......when I made higher stem, had to make several with much heavier wall chrome moly to get flex out and while it looked good, it was as heavy as stock with aluminum swivel riser, and the swivel riser was way more adjustable.

Premium Features