• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1 piece or 2 piece air box?

sledcaddie

Premium Member
Feb 11, 2008
Lincoln, NE
Just curious if anyone opted for the newer, 1 piece replacement air box for the earlier Dragons. Wondering if it was worth the $140, or just keep my now glued together, sealed up 2 piece airbox. What are your thoughts?

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Just curious if anyone opted for the newer, 1 piece replacement air box for the earlier Dragons. Wondering if it was worth the $140, or just keep my now glued together, sealed up 2 piece airbox. What are your thoughts?

It is DEFINATELY, worth the money!! The amount of belt dust that is getting into the 08 airboxes is unfathomable. I've often wondered how many engines have went down due to this and are blamed on the other, more well known issues.

Ski-Dont89

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2010
WYOMING
I plan on just gluing mine together and sealing it up and that should solve all of the problems with the 2 piece air box. IMO it is just making it a one solid piece.

sledcaddie

Premium Member
Feb 11, 2008
Lincoln, NE
According to the parts listings, the 1 piece is a direct replacement for the 2 piece. They don't make the 2 piece any more. The only difference I can see is the way they are mounted. The 2 piece slides into male/female grooves around the throttle bodies, with the rubber strap retainer on top. The 1 piece has a hose clamp around each throttle body. The 2 piece seems like it's easier to get in and out. Like he said above, once all the gaps are sealed up, it becomes a 1 piece.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
The one piece will swap in just fine. The 2 piece is easier in than the 1 piece. The 2 piece isn't available anymore and subs to the 1 piece. The 2 piece was a bit of an infringement on a patent that someone besides Polaris holds.

sled_guy

Premium Features