• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fire n Ice front tunnel brace install need help

Clark42

Lifetime Membership
Jun 3, 2016
Washington
I'm about halfway through installing these tunnel braces on my '13 pro, just about had it with them but I'd like to finish the project. Had a few questions before I throw in the towel.

1. do the plates cover the existing ones or replace them?
2. how do you mount the mag side plate with the qd cover in the way?
3. can you/has anybody put the plates on the inside of the tunnel?

Thanks

Clark42

Lifetime Membership
Jun 3, 2016
Washington
Ended up cutting the brace to get it in there. I do not suggest the Fire n Ice braces, if I were to go back I'd get the fastrax or vohk. The install was overkill for what they are and the provided directions were not helpful at all

IMG_3819.jpg IMG_3820.jpg IMG_3821.jpg IMG_3822.jpg

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
The QD backing plate has to come off. The FnI plate goes behind it. Pretty sure that was in the instructions. Yes, I have installed those plates on my '14 Pro-RMK, not that difficult, just time consuming.

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
When I installed mine on my 11 I was told it was ok to trim the plat instead of cutting the grove in the chain case to accept the plate as long as I was glueing the case back on.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I'm about halfway through installing these tunnel braces on my '13 pro, just about had it with them but I'd like to finish the project. Had a few questions before I throw in the towel.

1. do the plates cover the existing ones or replace them?
2. how do you mount the mag side plate with the qd cover in the way?
3. can you/has anybody put the plates on the inside of the tunnel?

Thanks

Call and talk to Paul @ Fire-N-Ice... great to deal with !!

Clark42

Lifetime Membership
Jun 3, 2016
Washington
The install wasn't that bad. :face-icon-small-hap ( steve from FB )

Haha had some good tips and pointers from a resource on facebook! It was much appreciated.

not that difficult, just time consuming.

I'd agree with that, I wish I had a buddy helping out, would've made it much easier.

Call and talk to Paul @ Fire-N-Ice... great to deal with !!

I actually did get a hold of him! I told him I was halfway through the install and needed some advice, he asked what kind of riding I plan on doing and I told him I like to ride in the trees. After I told him that, he told me I didn't need the plates, and suggested I do suspension mods.. wtf?? Every time I mentioned the plates he would ramble about getting new shocks... soo yeah. Luckily Steve up there ^^ had some good advice on Facebook and eventually got it figured out!

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I actually did get a hold of him! I told him I was halfway through the install and needed some advice, he asked what kind of riding I plan on doing and I told him I like to ride in the trees. After I told him that, he told me I didn't need the plates, and suggested I do suspension mods.. wtf?? Every time I mentioned the plates he would ramble about getting new shocks... soo yeah. Luckily Steve up there ^^ had some good advice on Facebook and eventually got it figured out!

Haha sounds like changing the subject.

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID

Paul is like 70 years old now, for most of his life tree riding didn't exist. He's a racer/hillclimber and you have to keep that in mind when communicating with him.
He is one of the most knowledgeable snowmobile guys I have every spoken with. He has done and seen it all.

Premium Features