• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

D&d straight pipe

N
Feb 5, 2017
Kingsford, MI
Are you required to run a tune of some sort other than stock when you put a straight pipe on these 1100's? Sled rips now but it smells as if it's just dumping fuel on the ground.. just curious if anyone has a straight pipe and how they are set up.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
High flow exhaust

I added a bmp muffler to mine without a fuel controller.
It flowed a lot more air. Made more power. Hit rev limiter to easy so I had to add clutch weight to keep it from hitting the rev limiter.
The motor will kinda tune itself. It has lots of sensors that affect the way it runs. O2 sensor. Intake temp sensor. Boost sensor. DET sensor. Water temp sensor. timing sensor. Throttle position sensor. All those sensors will detune the motor if they sense a problem.

I tired the boondocker stuff first but wasn't happy with the way it worked.

They make very good power with the EVO mountain reflash and higher flowing exhaust.
I ended up with the 3 map EVO super chute turbo kit on my sled. I can run premium on the lowest power level or av gas on the highest power level. Love it
Check out evolution power sports web site.

Aug 20, 2013
North Dakota
GGB straight pipe, $140 bucks brand new. No tune or clutching changes. Definitely noticed the power increase. I rev higher with the pipe. Oh and I also enjoyed the 13 pound weight loss with the pipe as well.

Premium Features