• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Questions about 2010 HCR

800CatRider

Nov 12, 2009
Cheney, WA
So I found what I think is a pretty good deal on a 2010 HCR. 1000 miles, all stock (except for a can), 5800 bucks. This whole season I was riding the IQ chassis (an 09 dragon and an 08 860 dragon), and the question I want to ask is how much of a difference is the wider stance going to make in side hilling? Obviously it will be more difficult than the normal M8 stance, but is it so bad that i should just look for a base model or sno pro? Anybody have any problems with the 2010 DD? I've never owned an M chassis before and would love to try one out, especially the 10' and newer versions. I have rode a regular M8 before and liked how it felt, but I've never had any seat time on an HCR. I'm pretty set on this sled unless a bunch of guys come on here cussing the wide stance.

hcrider

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2009
wyoming
2010 hcr

that sled is awesome, i rode that sled untill last year and never once did its width prevent me from going anywhere i wanted. i am no burandt but love the trees and would still be riding that sled if it was not for the purchase of a turn key turbo sno-pro, 5800 sounds like a low price for this region. i have 2000 miles on my hcr and and replaced bearings in dd under warranty and also the clutch.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
One of my friends here has a 2010 hcr and that sled ripps he has about 3500 hard miles on it and going strong he has no trouble sidehillng or any other manuver with it .

D

DoubleP

Aug 18, 2010
Calgary, AB
I am running an 11 HCR and did the front end swap which was pretty easy as there are lots of guys switching. So if you dont like it just organise a swap with someone in the classifieds.

T
Feb 8, 2010
Nelson, B.C.
I have an 09 HCR and have no issues with the 43" ski stance. At present I have 3200 miles on it, ridden in all types of terrain and snow conditions. I had an opportunity to change out my front end this spring (hit a rock and damaged the left side) and didn't because I like the wider front end. I'm 5'7"and weigh about 150 and while there are times when it would be easier to have a narrow front end, thoughs times are few. If it was me I'd say buy the sled, do the dd bearing (easy job) get ahold of Curt at Fastax and buy a P-85 and never worry about the sled again..... one other thing send all the shocks to Andy at GSR and get him to service and revalve, much better ride and worth every penny.

Last edited:
T
Feb 8, 2010
Nelson, B.C.
There have been issues with the Cat primary: spider issues, pins and bushing can't be replaced...basically none rebuildable clutch....there is quiet a few threads on it in the forum. The P-85 eliminates the issues .......

Premium Features