• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 M8 project questions.

W

wje_153

Nov 20, 2008
Montana
i picked a hold over 2010 M8 153 and plan dropping about $3000 into it i have everything planned out except i have questions about 2 product i was wondering if anyones tried the BDX a-arms and swing arms setup and br tech hoods and what they though about the products. any comments help thanks.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Depending on how crazy you want to get, I would say...buy an avalanche beacon, a avy chute/pack, a muff pot, a case of belts, 2 cases of oil, some knee pads, a cover, and go riding......

Option 2

Save up a little more and BOOST that baby!!!!!!

K

Klimbing Kitty

The a-arms are sweet but like RS just said save a little more and boost it. If you are just considering the a-arms for weight reduction I would start spending your cash on centrifugal weight saving mods. Breaks, diamond drives, etc. them move on to venting,clutching,can,belts, and Hydroxycut cheapest weight loss out there.:face-icon-small-hap

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Mesh hood, can and use the rest for gas and oil. Pull the cord, have fun and don't have to wrench.

V
Jul 4, 2008
orem, utah
the a arms and swing arms seem like a complete waste of money to me. Overall you will lose.... 10 pounds?? maybe 15? I dont know what you have planned so far but if i was gonna go back and do my sled over (assuming you are not gonna go turbo), i would put a gauge cage (heat and functional), some gill vents (heat), a speedwerx tunnel dump can (lightweight, no bogging and sounds good), some no sno running board inserts (can never have a running board that is too clean!) then stock up and oil and a few belts! Then you can take that other 2 grand and use it to ride the hell out of it. Moddin these newer sleds def isnt like the old days. Hoods, a arms, seats, tunnels, etc just arent big areas to lose weight. If you did them all, yes you could save some weight but not like the old days. These new sleds are so well built right from the factory, you really dont have to mess with suspension, pipes, intakes etc. If you are not gonna go boost, i would just do some functional mods and then ride her!

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
Why do you want to chop up a perfectly great sled? Like it was mentioned earlier, save another three grand and turbo that baby!!! You are crazy to waste your money on the other fluff. If it's weight savings I agree, hit up the hydroxycut and the gym. If you don't want boost then just pull the cord and go!!! It is an awesome machine out of the box!!:)

Premium Features