• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Klotz Nitro

Mac Man

Premium Member
May 10, 2017
Has anyone tried this stuff in a sled? I was wondering if it could be good for a N/A sled at high altitudes. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Its NOT octane booster. its an Oxygenating power additive.

It does work, but it leans out the fuel mixture. I have used it in a drag race application but that was on a Carbed sled and you have to watch the jetting close.

More info....

Klotz Synthetic Nitro power additive is designed to extract maximum horsepower from stock and modified engines. It contains 50 percent nitropropane and 50 percent Koolinal, which resists detonation and preignition. This power additive provides up to a 7 percent increase in horsepower and improves throttle response and acceleration.

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Resists det and preig, still has some oct boost properties. I just don't see how it would benefit in a na sled at high-elevation unless there is more info given about the sled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Elevation has nothing to do with it.

In simple terms, its adding oxygen to the fuel which leans out the mixture, therefore you add extra fuel to keep from burning it down.

Its "Kind of" like adding Nitrous, but your only going to see a 7% gain in HP.

IMO.... this is not something I would try doing on a sled your going to ride. I did it in a drag sled where your only mixing up a couple gals of fuel at a time and only running the sled wide open throttle for 5-6 seconds at a time.

The stuff needs to stay fresh, mixed exactly, and tune watched closely.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
u4 I believe VP -U4is an oxygen enriched fuel , principles about the same?

Yes, U4.4 would be the same concept, but that stuff is high octane too.... i think its like 108?

There are several different versions of this type of fuel. Some of it works REALLY good, but is very expensive. I tested one a couple years ago in my dirt track car.... On the Chassis dyno we picked up just over 30Hp to the rear wheels on a low compression 360CI SBC with a Holley 500cfm carb. That fuel was 25.00 a gal.

Mac Man

Premium Member
May 10, 2017
Well thank you all for the input. I figured someone had tried it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features