• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M 7 Turbo Need Ideas

ACTM7

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2008
I want to turbo a m7 low boost 6 pounds maybe pump gas or mix , would give up top hp for fast spool and smooth power for boondocking. any thoughts. would like 180-190hp. have heard m7 does not have enought elec. power to run add on pump on long runs.

S
Pump gas turbo kit

I could set you up with a OVS turbo kit set at 5-6 psi that would run on pump gas. Running at a low boost pressure the kit would not need all of the parts that higher boost kits would need reducing the price of the kit. Give me or Travis a call for more details 801-791-0403 or 801-940-7777 Thanks Garr

I
Oct 3, 2001
New Meadows ID
Hey Garr about the elec. problems. Do all the M7 suffer from lack of output? Also if it is only a problem on some and not others, is there a way to test the output to see if a particular sled is good? Does that make sense? Also is that pump gas setup using the aero compressor or a garrett? And lastly whats the estimated hp at 6psi on the 7?
Sorry not trying to hijack your thread thought maybe my questions might be of interest to you too.

S
Pump Gas Turbo Kit

Not all M7 have stator problems, some stators are better than others and there is no real good test to see if you have a weak stator. On a pump gas kit running 6 psi there would be no need for a high out put fuel pump the stock pump will work on its own, not taxing the stator. On a pump gas kit I would use a Aerocharger, fast spool up and no oil tank. At 6 psi the estimated hp would be 190.

D

Daniel Boondocker

Dec 1, 2007
Idaho Falls
My carbed Poo t 600 didn't do a whole bunch more than stock at 8psi on my first ride. At 9 there was a big improvement from 8 that day. In all fairness I was running rich for low boost and maybe it was also because I was running race gas instead of pump fuel at low boost. Every pound after that was an obvious improvement. I've heard this from others as well about the t 600's on only 8lbs. On a 700 I understand the low boost makes more difference, especially with a hyper turbo. Are there that many running that low of boost? Is it easier with efi? I guess Boondocker must think the market is big for that. My guess is that Rocky is thinking he will make big money on the upgrades as usual to higher boost once he gets them started.

S

savedbygrace

Mar 21, 2008
Idaho Falls, ID
www.boondockers.com
I want to turbo a m7 low boost 6 pounds maybe pump gas or mix , would give up top hp for fast spool and smooth power for boondocking. any thoughts. would like 180-190hp. have heard m7 does not have enought elec. power to run add on pump on long runs.

This kind of set up is exactly what the new BD kit was designed for, lower boost, 91 octane or maybe even mix a little race gas, and still make 200 HP. You don’t have to worry about the electrical because this new turbo kit doesn’t use any more power than stock.

Premium Features