• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 mtx w MPI turbo question for the boost gauge

blown addiction

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Pocatello
I'm finally getting a boost gauge installed on my sled, never had issues with the setup stock but wanted to see what I'm getting and will likely be going to do the Evo upgrade.

Question is there is a little nipple coming off the stock MPI airbox that has a little black plug on it. It is just above the turbo side intake tube. Can I just use that for my gauge and not worry about adding a tee down low and then worry about keeping the pressure tube to the gauge out of the way of all the heat. I figured this location should also give me the most accurate reading since it is right off the airbox before it goes into the throttle bodies.

Thanks

T
Mar 30, 2010
That is nipple is for the mpi fuel regulator upgrade! Can be used for a boost gauge but you will not see vaccum at that port. There is ports on the throttle bodies that i prefer to use for a boost gauge

X
Oct 8, 2009
Boost gauge needs plumbed into a common line pulling signal from behind each of the throttle bodies. To do it use 1/8" silicone boost line and tee each of the three lines in series, each from one of the two reference ports on the throttle bodies. Stock, the reference ports have little vaccum port nipples on them. Pull one off each throttle body and zip tie the rest. Zip tie all tee'd connections as well. If you source pressure from the place you discussed, then you are not reading boost. Boost is what the motor sees.

Premium Features