• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 Viper MTX with SRV-M A arms Video

Nytroboost

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
I hope that front end fits the 15' s. Do you know Randy if they do without having to buy shocks? If so a set are going on mine.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
They will go on the 2015 models, but you will have to shorten the shocks. They will have an upgrade kit available.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
yes they will have a spacer kit to shorten shocks,i see ac is selling front end kit for 700$ us.
be interesting to see when they will be available to order.

watch

Last edited:

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
So is it a typo being adjustable from 34.5 to 38.5? Maybe 36.5 instead??? I doesn't look like there is 2" of adjustment on each ski leg.

'15 states 38-39 adjustable

Ski_Stance.JPG

Last edited:

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
No. All the photos you have seen thus far are not final spec ski. They are just showing up now. We have early skis and they are 35.5 minimum. The final spec will allow another .5" each side lateral.

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
will I be able to use my zbros shocks on this front end??

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
so a guy will need the new skies to,to get all 4 inches of adjustment out of the new front end.
iam going to try to get down to yamafest but not sure if i can get the time right now.
guessing they dont have any of these front ends on the sleds on the power tour they are here on monday.

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
so a guy will need the new skies to,to get all 4 inches of adjustment out of the new front end.
iam going to try to get down to yamafest but not sure if i can get the time right now.
guessing they dont have any of these front ends on the sleds on the power tour they are here on monday.

Maybe ;)

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
I noticed that all the new srv m front ends are now 7 in front travel from the 2015's have 9in. I suppose the chances of adapting just the new spindle and upper a arm are slim to none,
Randy could you shed some light on how the front end handles the rough with less travel? I was all gung ho to switch but I think I would rather keep my longer travel suspension and being to upgrade just spindles and upper a arms would be the ticket for me.

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
I don't really think most mountain riders will notice anything. Now if your a ramp tramp or drop huge in the Backcountry then maybe.
Cheers

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
I noticed that all the new srv m front ends are now 7 in front travel from the 2015's have 9in. I suppose the chances of adapting just the new spindle and upper a arm are slim to none,
Randy could you shed some light on how the front end handles the rough with less travel? I was all gung ho to switch but I think I would rather keep my longer travel suspension and being to upgrade just spindles and upper a arms would be the ticket for me.

after riding it i dont think you will notice the travel difference,i didnt pound it through really rough stuff but jumped it off some small stuff & it worked good & did not bottom out.
i really was not expecting this front end to be much better than my 2015,but after riding it as soon as i can order one i will have one.
it lays over so easy its hard to beleave,i though it would make it real tippy but its still very stable.
i fell off 2 times in the first couple minutes do to pulling it over to hard,once i got used to that i was doing steep down hill carve turns like i was in deep pow but was only 6 inches of crusty wet snow.

jrusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Edmonton
after riding it i dont think you will notice the travel difference,i didnt pound it through really rough stuff but jumped it off some small stuff & it worked good & did not bottom out.
i really was not expecting this front end to be much better than my 2015,but after riding it as soon as i can order one i will have one.
it lays over so easy its hard to beleave,i though it would make it real tippy but its still very stable.
i fell off 2 times in the first couple minutes do to pulling it over to hard,once i got used to that i was doing steep down hill carve turns like i was in deep pow but was only 6 inches of crusty wet snow.

Sounds like it works awesome thanks for the report!

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
good to here bigfish, was curious about the travel cuz i use full travel with 80psi in the front and 180 in the rear, and have actually got the chassis figured out now, and had fun riding spring snow today with it. hopefully make it yamafest as we got no powertour this year. dealer told me today 1k for retrofit front suspension, also said that arctic cat hooked up with Elka shocks we can get custom tuned elkas front and rear for 2k.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
good to here bigfish, was curious about the travel cuz i use full travel with 80psi in the front and 180 in the rear, and have actually got the chassis figured out now, and had fun riding spring snow today with it. hopefully make it yamafest as we got no powertour this year. dealer told me today 1k for retrofit front suspension, also said that arctic cat hooked up with Elka shocks we can get custom tuned elkas front and rear for 2k.

elka makes some of the best shocks & would be a awsum upgrade.iam running 250psi in my evol & 65-80 in my main & have been happy with it & have a exit x1 in the rear. but they still are not as good as a good tripple rate coil over.
i have my sled working great for me & real happy with how i got it handling,but after riding this new front end.i can say for myself its the biggest gain in handling i have ever seen from a front end & i have rode on most of them.
my freind had his pro there & it took less effort to roll the yammi up on one ski & the yammi had the 3 inch powder claw on it..

Premium Features