• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

To: Sled Film Makers

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
Its time someone (me) speak for the peolpe...:face-icon-small-coo

The teasers need more "riding of the sleds"...im not a guy who wants to watch 4.5mins of slow-mo star wars art crap...give me the thriller:beer;

Regards,

B

bigbull

Jan 21, 2005
Spokane, WA
www.bigbullinc.com
I will have to agree, there is a couple film teasers out there that are trying a little too hard to fill space or something. "SHOW ME THE MONEY" Leave the long *** intros for the movie, or better yet, leave them on the cutting room floor. :face-icon-small-ton
BB

S
Apr 5, 2009
Sled films today are all about producing a quality product. The goal of a teaser is to leave the viewer wanting more...If they condensed all the footage into a three minute long teaser, what would be the point of buying the film? It's all about marketing. I'm sure opinions on this topic vary from company to company.

Last edited:
A
Jul 5, 2001
Lewiston, ID
I actually love the intro's in the video teasers. I like to see all the editing that goes into it, it is an art all on its own. I love the creativity that is involved. just my 2 cents.

B

bigbull

Jan 21, 2005
Spokane, WA
www.bigbullinc.com
I think it goes without saying that teasers are exactly that, right? So 5 second clips of the highlights craftily edited together is whats expected. If it is a 4:30 edited teaser clip and 3:00 are of sunsets, snow, and background stuff, are you saying its cool to have the same ratio of that in a full length 45:00 movie? No way! So that's Hatcher's and my point.

Garage bands are basically free in most cases, as far as royalties go, as long as you promote them on the film by putting their name out there. Therefore, many start up bands are gonna be on the vids. Would you be willing to pay about 4x the current cost of an average sled video that sells at least 20,000 per year? I would rather have garage bands, even though I would prefer otherwise, than pay the high price of royalties.

BTW, I have plenty of experience in music, royalties, editing, creating movies, and TV shows to give an educated opinion, in case you wondering

BB

Last edited:
D
Apr 19, 2009
Syracuse, Utah
I think it goes without saying that teasers are exactly that, right? So 5 second clips of the highlights craftily edited together is whats expected. If it is a 4:30 edited teaser clip and 3:00 are of sunsets, snow, and background stuff, are you saying its cool to have the same ratio of that in a full length 45:00 movie? No way! So that's Hatcher's and my point.

Garage bands are basically free in most cases, as far as royalties go, as long as you promote them on the film by putting their name out there. Therefore, many start up bands are gonna be on the vids. Would you be willing to pay about 4x the current cost of an average sled video that sells at least 20,000 per year? I would rather have garage bands, even though I would prefer otherwise, than pay the high price of royalties.

BTW, I have plenty of experience in music, royalties, editing, creating movies, and TV shows to give an educated opinion, in case you wondering

BB

there are far better lesser known bands that they can use if they're really that cheap.

with the internet, it isn't hard to browse a sh1tload of new up and coming bands.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
man you guys are acting like the film makers are worse then a bunch of prom night teases!

course I would like more footage and less art type stuff in the teaser as well.

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
there are far better lesser known bands that they can use if they're really that cheap.

with the internet, it isn't hard to browse a sh1tload of new up and coming bands.

dude... finding good music from hoards of up and coming bands on the internet is like trying to find a diamond ring at the landfill... I personally spend hours listening to music on music licensing sites trying to find good music... it sucks bad... for every decent song i hear i have to go through about 500 crappy songs... its ridic :(

A
Nov 27, 2007
McCall Idaho
dude... finding good music from hoards of up and coming bands on the internet is like trying to find a diamond ring at the landfill... I personally spend hours listening to music on music licensing sites trying to find good music... it sucks bad... for every decent song i hear i have to go through about 500 crappy songs... its ridic :(

phatty you stole the words right out of my mouth,

music searching is so time consuming, exactly what he said to find 1 song that would sond good, you listen to 500 ! maybe not that but still, I probly listen to 100 songs per night seeking a good one. :eek:

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
phatty you stole the words right out of my mouth,

music searching is so time consuming, exactly what he said to find 1 song that would sond good, you listen to 500 ! maybe not that but still, I probly listen to 100 songs per night seeking a good one. :eek:

Maybe the fellow snowesters could help with the music hunt, time is all some of us seem to have on here:D Not volunteering myself per say but maybe it could be some sort of contest. Find us a great song and if we select it we will give you a free DVD with your song in it...I don't know. I'm sure this forum could help some how with this.:cool:

Premium Features