• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

EVO please help

D
Sep 29, 2013
So after everything iv done tcl stage 3 evo cold air rob kit straight pipe my sled today was wprse than before the tcl delete I chewed 2 belts in 3/4 of a day not riding hard at all iv only got 2 rides in and just a little frustrated thought I bullet proofed it. :(

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
You could have one or more of several issues causing this.

First the TCL delete will do nothing to help if all of these 4 alignments are not correct.
1. center to center
2. vertical parallelism
3. horizontal parallelism
4. offset

The first three are difficult to measure and correct without the use of OSP tool. If all this is correct, you could have a defective drive part like the primary binding.

We have several high horsepower M1100 guys whose belt life was GREATLY increased with the addition of a Diamond S mesh hood.

Thanks,
Woody

T

TURBIE

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 17, 2013
saskatchewan
So after everything iv done tcl stage 3 evo cold air rob kit straight pipe my sled today was wprse than before the tcl delete I chewed 2 belts in 3/4 of a day not riding hard at all iv only got 2 rides in and just a little frustrated thought I bullet proofed it. :(
It all depends on what you have done to your sled. If all you did was install the TCL delete bracket and expected it to be bullet proof there are a few things that need to go with this to be bullet proof.
-OSP engine snubber (must have)
-upgraded HD jackshaft (should have)
-upgraded chaincase gears and manual chain tensioner (should have)

D
Sep 29, 2013
i do have the osp snubber and the hd jack shaft chain im waiting until next year when I do head studs so im really hoping its as easy as just adjusting the alignment but anyother ideas cooling is something im looking into as well just need more cash flow.

T

TURBIE

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 17, 2013
saskatchewan
Ok good so I think all you need to do is have your clutch alignment done as per the instructions in your TCL delete kit, you don't have to do it with the OSP alignment bar but makes it easier with a lot less measurements and then check clutch offset for your final measurement.
Also check your clutches for binding as this has also been a big issue too.

Premium Features