• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Shock upgrade

bamb800

Premium Member
Oct 25, 2008
Fountain City, WI
I have a ‘12 M800, with the basic fox coil shocks. I’ve done every update and have the sled setup nice, except for the shocks. Wondering what you guys would recommend putting on there. It’s an old sled already and I don’t wanna break the bank, but I’d like to run it a few more years and do some trail riding and ditch banging in the Midwest with it too. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
If u have the 36in front, get some 18/19 mtn cat shocks.
Exits are really nice, also expensive.

bamb800

Premium Member
Oct 25, 2008
Fountain City, WI
I still have the wide front. I’ve learned to deal with it, and it’s better suited for the trail riding that I also sometimes do.(sometimes with a toddler on my lap.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Have one of the Burandt valving kits put in the rear skid shocks from the old M series. I did this on my 2014 and it was a nice improvement. Should only run about $250-300 installed. On the front for a budget upgrade I'd see if you could find the newest Evols you could off of a HCR or the 2017 HCR has coilover QS3 front shocks. Someone might have some takeoffs.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
The coils you have on there are fox zero pros with a crappy valving. Just get them revalved.

I even bought a set of those from arctic cat because they're so cheap, and revalved them. I like them. And Andy from gas shock repair can revalve them really cheaply too. You don't get the qs3 shocks but most people just run those things in the middle and don't mess with them anyway.

Premium Features