• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

an honest feedback on a 2013 pro

S
Nov 27, 2007
Been a Doo guy for years. Decided to snowcheck the new poo this year after spending a lil time on last years pro. Yesterday we had a good two feet of fresh deep snow with endless powder in the trees. (first real ride other then break in) Heres my take on the new sled. First off the w.e. shocks seem decent. dont like the high speed dampening to much but low speed seems great. It is without a doubt easy to throw around in the deep and through the trees. gets up on the snow good. I have the clamp kit on driveshaft so no failure there. spent a lil time on my clutching... out of the box it was pretty close... a spring change in the secondary and it meets my riding style. The downfall is.... One headlight working from the factory is b.s. also the handwarmers didnt work at all from day one. So from a ski doo guy to you polaris dudes. Good sled. Im a happy camper

snow.jpg snow1.jpg

Last edited:

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
What do you mean by one headlight? My '13 hand warmers are not working either. It made for a cold ride yesterday when the temps were below zero.

S
Nov 27, 2007
one of my headlights were burned out from the factory. Yeah it was -6 when we left the truck so a new sled without handwarmers will make a guy a little upset. I hear its common the handwarmer switch comes unplugged you may wanna check that. I havent checked mine yet to see if thats all that it is. Its thawing out in the garage.

himarker

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2002
Prescott, Washington
Glad you guys like yours. Put 80 miles on mine Saturday. 2ft fresh powder. Road riding with a little time in the trees. First 20 miles or so was "break in" then just rode it after that. I love mine. Carls was spot on clutching for my elevation. Needs a little adjustment on the skid but other than that its good. Also no clamp on the shaft. Noticed a fair amount of belt debris from the qd belt but no missing cogs. It looks like its gonna be a fun season.

himarker

adam5187

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
My handwarmers did not work either. I just had to push the plug on the switch a little harder.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

S
Nov 27, 2007
My handwarmers did not work either. I just had to push the plug on the switch a little harder.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Good to hear i have heard that there have been a few people saying the switch wasnt plugged in all the way. Here comes the snow. Going to make for a fun winter that is for sure.

S

shmuckaluck

Aug 20, 2001
Federal Way, Washington
Hey guys,
We also had a 2013 pro that had the warmers and head light come unplugged or where unplugged to begin with, and I am completely surprised that polaris didn't know about the weak drive shaft issue, if anybody hasn't yet they should be putting rivets in their drive shafts.

Dazzler

Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2009
Cochrane Ab
Hey guys,
We also had a 2013 pro that had the warmers and head light come unplugged or where unplugged to begin with, and I am completely surprised that polaris didn't know about the weak drive shaft issue, if anybody hasn't yet they should be putting rivets in their drive shafts.

You should not put rivets in your 2013 drive shaft, There are a couple of manufacture companies that build a collar for the drive shaft, that is easy to install and appears to be working well. Also Polaris is proving a similar if not identical collar under warranty as well but not sure when it will be available!!

S
Nov 27, 2007
You should not put rivets in your 2013 drive shaft, There are a couple of manufacture companies that build a collar for the drive shaft, that is easy to install and appears to be working well. Also Polaris is proving a similar if not identical collar under warranty as well but not sure when it will be available!!

Im with him... NO RIVITS! i have rk tek's fix it clamps. I would recomend getting some asap

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
Hey guys,

Break it then take back for the fix. As un-fun as that sounds, I think rivets will void the warranty. I don't agree with it, but we all know they (Poo) are gonna cover their asses with that.

sledheadedd

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
the great nw
Hey guys,

don't do it.

driver.jpg

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Break it then take back for the fix. As un-fun as that sounds, I think rivets will void the warranty. I don't agree with it, but we all know they (Poo) are gonna cover their asses with that.

Not true, They are covering all shafts under warranty no matter what. Dont do the rivets, get a clamp if you cant wait for polaris.

S

shmuckaluck

Aug 20, 2001
Federal Way, Washington
Hey guys,
I know of many 2013's that have been fixed with rivets and not one has broke, and a lot of them have turbo's on them, if it can handle a turbo it can handle a stocker. that collar is a bandaid and will not stop that crappy glue they put those together with from letting go. the collar may hold it in but I wouldn't trust it. bottom line nobody should be fixing their brand new sled. that shaft is a bad mistake by Polaris on a great sled.

T
Apr 8, 2012
Southern Alberta
stock driveshaft?
Yep, still on the stock driveshaft, ive heard some stories about them being faulty, haven't seen it yet, i have 5 buddies that bought the same sled and they are all running good as well! The rivet concept doesn't sound dumb tho, i might look into it with my Polaris dealer and see what type of warranty issues it will cause!

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
I think if anyone has a riveted shaft and no problems, it would've been fine without the rivets. I can't see rivets holding that much force in place. If it's gonna break, it's gonna break. Uncured glue seems like the problem, not the design itself?? My opinion only.

Premium Features