• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 XP runs on one cylinder/really rich NEED HELP

500 CID

Nov 30, 2007
COLORADO
My 08 xp has recently started acting up this year. Last year 1000 miles and no problems except belts which I have cured. Now it acts like it is running on one 1 cylinder, intermittently (more often than not). Dealer did replace the needles and I installed an SLP intake and Goldfinger throttle. First weekend was great, now not so good. I have checked and rechecked everything I installed and can't come up with anything. I am going to disassemble and clean the carbs tonight and see if anything is plugged or loose, but I am running out of ideas and hair really fast. Appreciate any help!!!!

Here is a list of things I have checked:
Fuel has no water in it
Blocked off SLP intake to make sure it wasn't causing problems
Checked DPM hose for kinks/leaks
New plugs twice
Power valves are clean
Does it with or without carb heaters

500 CID

Nov 30, 2007
COLORADO
Trjed that also, both seem to be firing. Just finished tearing down the carbs and all looks well there too.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Also is there a procedure to check the DPM. He ordered a Manual but they dont have one in stock, Does anybody have a PDF version so we can start checking the electrical stuff, or maybe just post the specs.

E

extrmsled

Dec 3, 2007
alberta
check the float not shutting off
mine did the same thing
flood on one cylinder at idle but would run good at wot
if dpm it should flood both cylinders not just one

Premium Features