• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

snosumitcsr

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Trout Lake Washington
A Factory KMOD skid copy would be nice, along with a Ho motor with a Jaws single Pipe with 2 degrees of timing. New fabulous shocks all the way around and a heated and massaging seat with a built in beer cooler in the back.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
1 just because it’s not on the internet does not mean they cured the exploding belt issue.

My 19 has belts just as hot as the last two seasons, and explodes them just the same so. The intake air vent is iced over 20ft from the truck if there is any powder at all. The “exhaust port” foot well is also always plugged with snow. Which in turn melts water back into the clutch compartment. Belts and water don’t mix. But reporting issues on the internet just gets a bunch of “mine is perfect “ so they are all great, or “there is no such thing”.

2 there are several areas that are low on snow, which means low problem reports.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
they have a new Linq lite weight pull-behind trailer. 400 litres of space for oil, belts, 3rd shovel, flap, half gallon of black velvet, down comforter and a My Pillow. just in case.

bjd68

Premium Member
Jul 22, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Hopefully they do come out with a whole new clutch ! I had 17 850 and it was a nice sled to ride but realiablity is at the top of my list and the fact that every year they change something on this clutch like finned secondary, blow holes, motor mounts!
Tells me one thing they have not figured the real problem and are just throwing things at it make people think its all better now! and people keep buying into it !
Fact is there are three other brands that have great sleds so it makes it easy to jump ship!

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Sled head you should post your results, fork they guys who don’t wanna hear it.

Slight off subject but.
So since you have new Alpha Cat.. how does it compare to the G4 850? Climbing, trenching or lack there of?
Handling from what little I’ve rode one felt very similar to the G4, in my opinion.

I
Jul 5, 2001
1 just because it’s not on the internet does not mean they cured the exploding belt issue.

My 19 has belts just as hot as the last two seasons, and explodes them just the same so. The intake air vent is iced over 20ft from the truck if there is any powder at all. The “exhaust port” foot well is also always plugged with snow. Which in turn melts water back into the clutch compartment. Belts and water don’t mix. But reporting issues on the internet just gets a bunch of “mine is perfect “ so they are all great, or “there is no such thing”.

2 there are several areas that are low on snow, which means low problem reports.

Old motor mounts are horrid !!! New 19 update not to much better.....

Stiffer mounts and shim so it’s “aligned” when under power and you will see over 100* cooler..... at least I did in our mashed potato’s/cascade concrete.....
Had a 18 175 stock then did 19 update and now have a 19 175 same scenario till I did grip n rip red mounts both of them on pto side.......

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Chassis needs an upgrade. To put the power down. 850 Poo pulls mine on slight hills, semi-fresh snow. But he had a Carls clutched 163 and mine was a bone stock Freeride 154. Track, skid, the Doo just doesn't put the power down like a Poo.
Sorry to hear that there are still clutch issues, mine are solid. (After two years of turds.) 200 miles on each, NOT easy miles, I have yet to even look at the belts, let alone adjust the deflection. No 2017 smoke, no 2018 almost smoke.......
I basically quit riding after the 2017 mess. 2016 2600 miles, 2017 don't remember but low, 2018 700 total. I have 450 on already this year. Super happy after getting the recoil mess figured out.
But again, needs to loose some weight and re-evaluate the track/chassis. They just don't want to climb up on the snow like a poopoo.

Last edited:

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Slight off subject but.
So since you have new Alpha Cat.. how does it compare to the G4 850? Climbing, trenching or lack there of?
Handling from what little I’ve rode one felt very similar to the G4, in my opinion.

I haven’t rode the Cat enough yet, def haven’t had a DEEP day to really see what she’s made of. After the first ride on the Alpha I had thoughts of selling the G4 175 but then I had a ride on the G4 and just had a great day too lol. On the really really deep days last year the 175 just got around SO well, just fairly easily went places my buddies(some better riders than me) just struggled with. The Doos are so well made, run so well, never leave me stranded I’m not sure I want to give it up. I’ll tell you tho on the marginal days the Alpha is more fun and easier to ride.

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
I have a 165 and 175. I would need to see a new rear suspension ( mono rail, lynx, or something else), ....and a belt drive, ...to get me to snow check a 2020.

Ace

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
My 17 is so well dialled that the only thing that would make me put down money would be the new 600 with a single ski.:face-icon-small-sho Yes doo always is ahead of the curve why not with a single ski monorail suspension :face-icon-small-coo

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
My 17 is so well dialled that the only thing that would make me put down money would be the new 600 with a single ski.:face-icon-small-sho Yes doo always is ahead of the curve why not with a single ski monorail suspension :face-icon-small-coo

...funny, the same thing crossed my mind today!

Ace

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Chassis needs an upgrade. To put the power down. 850 Poo pulls mine on slight hills, semi-fresh snow. But he had a Carls clutched 163 and mine was a bone stock Freeride 154. Track, skid, the Doo just doesn't put the power down like a Poo.
Sorry to hear that there are still clutch issues, mine are solid. (After two years of turds.) 200 miles on each, NOT easy miles, I have yet to even look at the belts, let alone adjust the deflection. No 2017 smoke, no 2018 almost smoke.......
I basically quit riding after the 2017 mess. 2016 2600 miles, 2017 don't remember but low, 2018 700 total. I have 450 on already this year. Super happy after getting the recoil mess figured out.
But again, needs to loose some weight and re-evaluate the track/chassis. They just don't want to climb up on the snow like a poopoo.

Hey.. You said this next quotation on Dec 27th;

The rail profile makes a big difference. I put 50 miles on my 154 Freeride today, after locking out T-Mo, lower riser, centered skis, newest belt. I put that silly thing in places that I never thought that I could. SUPER predictable. I could walk it up on the rear on hills when I wanted, but it didn't boot out on sidehills. Super impressed other than the recoil quit working on this one too.
I also noticed that it was able to crawl out of stucks, kinda like an Axys.

You completely contradict yourself in the last line of each post..

I personally don't feel like the summit crawls up onto the snow like an Axys, but for me it is better at everything else. Especially in the reliability department.

Premium Features