• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best M series Aftermarket Bumper Mod?

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
H
Nov 6, 2008
Minnesota
Is it easy to splice in the wires for the 09' LCD taillight? What wires on the cat go to what wires on the LCD? I have the parts on order, and should be here soon so I don't know what color the wires are on the LCD. Can anyone explain what goes to what?

speedfreak

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Owatonna, MN
06 bumper/tunnel mod

I finally got the 09 bumper. But ac kept pushing back the back order date for the 09 side rails. So I canceled the order and did a little fabricating with the stock rails. What do you think?

M
Oct 13, 2008
Is it easy to splice in the wires for the 09' LCD taillight? What wires on the cat go to what wires on the LCD? I have the parts on order, and should be here soon so I don't know what color the wires are on the LCD. Can anyone explain what goes to what?

Hehe, I noticed you said LCD. Thats your TV! The 09 has an LED taillight. Just thought I would point out your mistake!

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
Catsledman did you just bend up the back of the rails? Or are they cut and welded? I was thinking of bending them and was wondering what you used to do this without cracking or kinking? Did you weld a bracket at the top that is riveted to the tunnel?

Thanks
Mike

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah

The blue/gr and yellow match up and the black matches up to a brown. Something like that.... Pretty self explanatory once you see both ends. I just cut off the connectors and spliced the wires together then heat shrink ed them to seal it up. Easy!

speedfreak

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Owatonna, MN
catsledman did you just bend up the back of the rails? Or are they cut and welded? I was thinking of bending them and was wondering what you used to do this without cracking or kinking? Did you weld a bracket at the top that is riveted to the tunnel?

Thanks
mike
I cut and tig welded the rail and yes i made an alum. Bracket for the top of tunnel welded the bracket to the top of rail and riveted it to the tunnel!!

Last edited:
R
Dec 2, 2001
Spokane WA
Got mine almost done

TunnelProject011.jpg

TunnelProject010.jpg

TunnelProject009.jpg

J

JasonAK

Dec 5, 2007
I can see your tunnel cracking already with no high mount foot board stiffiner attachment point.

If you look at sleds of the past like the Polaris ProXR you will notice the rail termiation is similar to what 907KB has done. They took alot of abuse on the track without failling. The drop bracket provides most of the tunnel support by creating a (T) shape, not the rail end termination.

Jason

snow_knight

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Black Hills,SD
rmkris... thats alot like i'm going to do...

I decided to go with the ac foot supports.. after seeing yours.. wish I would have went with the VE edges.. looks good.. ..

Where those holes in the VE kit are.. how you get it black behind.. paint? anno?

R
Dec 2, 2001
Spokane WA
rmkris... thats alot like i'm going to do...

I decided to go with the ac foot supports.. after seeing yours.. wish I would have went with the VE edges.. looks good.. ..

Where those holes in the VE kit are.. how you get it black behind.. paint? anno?

The black is painted. The very rear hole has to be cut out, so I thought the black would look better.
For anyone thinking of doing this, the VE stuff is top notch. Kind of a spendy project, and lots of time

I

ItDoAble

Aug 30, 2006
Loveland, CO
Good luck gents in getting 09 AC parts .. mine are on backorder until mid/late January (LED the farthest out).

Got the BDX kit on. Doesn't look like $200+ when you get it out of the box, but it's quality stuff. Fit was great, and install was surprisingly easy.

Now I just need to figure how to put my 08 light/flap on until my AC parts show up.

Premium Features