• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mystery Critter.. Can you help?

W
Nov 21, 2007
This weekend we saw what looked like a miniature weasel. About the size of a chipmunk (sp) but looked like a small weasel.

Curious what it is. Any thoughts?

G

Gimpster

Probably my neighbor.... he's a little wiesel

----- Gimpster -----

an ermine?
2704867-md.jpg

ermine.jpg

they can be both white or brown they change periodically with the winter season

or a "rock chuck"

418381563_f3ebe65dc9.jpg

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Pikas are pretty small, but they are alpine animals. Not valley-dwellars.

G

Gimpster

that made me laugh so hard I coughed for half an hour, and am still giggling.

TBW That white one looks like it but it was solid brown. Cute as can be, I must admit.

Word affiliation. I laughed when thinkin' of it, and even harder when TBW posted pictures because the first one looks like him !

----- Gimpster -----

A

Adrenaline Revolution

Nov 17, 2002
In the foothills of the Cascades
We had a buch of whack job PETA freaks break into a neighbor's mink farm a few years ago and decided they were going to do the little rodents a favor by setting them free.

Thousands of the cute little things running accross a busy hi-way trying to find food and shelter since they'd never been out in the world and knew nothing of cars and trucks...

About a solid mile of the hiway was one big "Squished Mink Wallpaper" for quite a while...

Then came the smell. It was horrible, Poor little bastages running into peoples homes trying to get some warmth, looking for their heating pads from their last home that some peice of chit evicted them from.

Anyway, I digress...Minks are a pretty small creature when young too and the look a lot like a Pine Martin but their heads are not as wide.........

Espesially after a truck runs them down.

G

Gimpster

Maybe it was a gremlin... was it steeling anything ?
Now that would be a sighting to behold.... national news, baby, natinal news

----- Gimpster -----

N

Nate

Apr 22, 2006
Northeast Wyoming/Mission Viejo California
Ermin or Mink. Mean mean mean, caught one sledding one time, was about like catching a racoon. Just a horrible idea to begin with, but something we can laugh about now. Whatever you do, dont grab it by the tail :face-icon-small-dis

Did he look like my avatar? :)

Last edited:
Premium Features