• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 1000 Highmark Engine light on mystery

D

drphil

Nov 26, 2007
Oil was low on last ride and light came on ( oil Blink) Has not ran out of oil!!!
This was on the last spring ride and now this fall start the sled and now the engine light is on and it seems like its in a "limp mode".

Just wont build max rpm 90 bucks at dealer to hook up
any ideas???

F
Dec 19, 2007
Bend, Oregon
I had something similiar happen this week. In october took my 05 RT in for the software update everyone was so keen on. I am still running way too rich, lots of black left on the snow when pegged. That I can live with I guess. But since the update, every time I touch the brake, I get a warning light, it's the " ! " and seems to be a mystery to all the doo guys in this town. Weird.

S
Nov 30, 2007
Oil was low on last ride and light came on ( oil Blink) Has not ran out of oil!!!
This was on the last spring ride and now this fall start the sled and now the engine light is on and it seems like its in a "limp mode".

Just wont build max rpm 90 bucks at dealer to hook up
any ideas???

Strange they can charge us for "hooking up to computer".
We should demand when we buy a sled that we get the program and outlet to atleast check our "wrongcodes".
Now we are bound to our dealers to check it out to whatever $$$ they want for it.

Have you by the way checked so the outlet for the airbox is connected?

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
When was the last time you replaced your battery? Mine was doing same thing found out my battery was just bad. $25 later and a new battery im back to normal. Also about the ! when you hit your brake. Do you have an LED tailight. If so thats why.

D

drphil

Nov 26, 2007
Went to start it today and had the battery beep beep

SO I charged it Does it need replaced???

SOunds like a chain saw not a POWERHOUSE can sled

The light is blinking on and off on and off
Is there a way to figure it out with out the hookup
is there a code for blink blink
versus steady>????

Also headlight dont work

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
Strange they can charge us for "hooking up to computer".
We should demand when we buy a sled that we get the program and outlet to atleast check our "wrongcodes".
Now we are bound to our dealers to check it out to whatever $$$ they want for it.

When was the last time your Volvo or Saab dealer plugged in your car and scanned it for free or gave you the program to check your engine codes?? Like that is going to happen--LOL

Went to start it today and had the battery beep beep

SO I charged it Does it need replaced???

SOunds like a chain saw not a POWERHOUSE can sled

The light is blinking on and off on and off
Is there a way to figure it out with out the hookup
is there a code for blink blink
versus steady>????

Also headlight dont work

Idle does sound to low--Gatdoodood is right--if idle is to low--it will flash the headlight--adjust the idle up-should be at least 1500 to 2000--Make sure you agjust the right screw and not the Throttle body sctrw that has the seal across the adjuster screw--You go down from the top of the throttle bodies thru the oblong hole in the support bracket--especially if they burned a new program and did not check the idle speed after install.

As far as sounding like a chainsaw--have you put in new plugs? I have fouled 2 plugs at the start of the season on start up, with treated older gas, but it runs terrible when it drops a plug, inagine that!!

H20SKE...

D

drphil

Nov 26, 2007
YEr right it does run like a turd witha dropped plug.... pipe has a bit of fuel in it but it sounds better

STILL have flashing engine light and no headlight.... rpms are off another thread said that it was one of the 3 relays... WHich one??? also said that you can buy at napa for half the doo dealer price.

Thanks for the help so far... I feel dumb....

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Try swapping the relays, no blown fuses, check for corrossion below fuse and relay box. Wiggle your DESS connector. Make sure batt connections and grounds are tight.Check battery voltage with eng off. Should be no less than 12.5 volts. If less, chuck the battery, and like previous stated, check for loose sensor connectors. You probably will need to take it to the dealer for code retrieval if none of these help

C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
I had something similiar happen this week. In october took my 05 RT in for the software update everyone was so keen on. I am still running way too rich, lots of black left on the snow when pegged. That I can live with I guess. But since the update, every time I touch the brake, I get a warning light, it's the " ! " and seems to be a mystery to all the doo guys in this town. Weird.

All Rev and RT chassis " ! " warning lights light up when the brake is on. Its supposed to warn you that the brake is on so you don't take off down the trail with your parking brake on.

D

drphil

Nov 26, 2007
It was the single relay on mine that was the problem... not in the row with 2

THANKS THANKS

Put a new one in and sounds awesome again and gots a headlight!!!!!!!!

D

drphil

Nov 26, 2007
OK I lied I just moved the relays around and IT DONT work. With the new relay in the upper slot NO headlights. If I put the new relay in the slot just below it NO ELECTRICS
if I put it in the bottom slot to the left and put those 2 above each other it starts and I got lights
SO that means the new one isnt working. I made sure it was the right one from NAPA with the 87A-30 Always closed

D

drphil

Nov 26, 2007
OK so I went to the Ski Doo shop and talked em into pulling a relay off another 1000 and it works. So the Napa part number 204 with 87a-30 alway closed relay wont work

Premium Features