• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 M8 Knock Sensor Plug

B
Jan 23, 2008
I am looking for some help on where I can obtain the knock sensor plug. Someone had cut the OEM plug off and now I need to replace the knock sensor but I would like to find the pig-tail female side so I can go back to original. Any ideas on where I could find a plug? I have one side of the plug (that comes with the new knock sensor) so I am looking for the other end. Help!

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
That’s probably part of the sled wiring harness u need. That might be tough to find without getting whole harness. Might have to cut sensor end and pick up your own weatherproof wiring connector and make your own.
Should be able to get weather right connectors from hardware store.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Sensor

Are you sure that engine came with a knock sensor?
It could have it I just thought 2010 was the first year for the knock sensor

Last edited:

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Pretty sure in 07 M8.
Probably order the connector online.
Gotta know where to look though...

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Sensor

So someone cut the sensor plug out of the main wire harness?
If so I wonder what was the reason for doing that?
Should be lots of wrecked/parted out sleds around that'll have that plug.
By the looks of the parts fiche that sensor was used on all of the 800cc and turbo 4 stroke sleds all the way back to 2002.

Last edited:
B
Jan 23, 2008
Sensor

I think the previous plug got wired too close to the pipe and melted. This is the only reason why I think someone would remove the plug. I have found the Chev Tracker knock sensor that is the same as Arctic Cat’s but for the life of me, I can’t find the other end of the plug to splice so I can go back to original.

Premium Features