• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 Aftermarket

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
With Polaris releasing the 850 it addressed a ton of shortcomings but they also potentially closed the door on some aftermarket goodies. Too name a few...

New 36” stance with stronger spindles and strong a-arms.
Better motor mounts and clutching to reduce vibration.
More horsepower output.

What does everyone think they will be upgrading via the aftermarket next Fall?!

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
From the pictures it still looks like they are using that baloney ski rubber - the great downfall of the gripper ski. I hear good things about the Durapro rubbers.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
Totally forgot about the gripper rubber problem. I know Zollinger Racing Products is now stocking them and Nick at IceAge has over 1300 miles on a single set!!

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
More horsepower output?

If you mean no more development on the 800H.O. I can see that but the aftermarket will never stop giving us options for more power.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
Agreed but for some this new HP oUtput May be enough. Seen a lot of Doo guys just leave their 850 alone compared to their previous 800.

I’ll be boosting my 850 so I understand what you are getting at and I’m sure stage kits will become available for the 850 in no time.

Still no tether on the sled, another thing I’ll be sourcing afterwards.

schaef_12

Lifetime Membership
Sep 7, 2011
There is still plenty of room for improvment in the shock department. I have an AI 36" kit on my 17, and love the added strength and ease of a trail fix when you do find a stump and sheer the lower hiem. Hopefully the new a arms will be a little stronger than the previous versions. I bent mine on me second ride.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I ordered the piggyback WE's on my 2019 163" 2.6. I'm thinking I might not like them but I'm going to give them a shot. So there's shocks. I loved the SLP stage III on the 800HO so I'm guessing the SLP stage II will be great. Not sure of changing the head until I know SLP has it nailed down - w/o race/av fuel. Also, it's the powersports world. Something won't work just right or we won't like the way it was engineered. There will be something to make that better.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Hats off to Polaris for listening to there customers on what needed changing. I still think they should give a seat option ( lower) for snow check, pretty awesome how these sleds come stock.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Carls revalve, a can, and BM fab bumpers will be the “big” ones for me. Probably some other little things like billet brake lever, steering blocks, pdp tail light, durapro rubbers, and a tether.

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Carls revalve, a can, and BM fab bumpers will be the “big” ones for me. Probably some other little things like billet brake lever, steering blocks, pdp tail light, durapro rubbers, and a tether.

You're kind of saying what ak said and I'm on board as well. Since I was lucky with my 16 running great stock, I just did some minor mods.

Bumpers, shocks and tracks will still be added is my guess. Clutching as long as there are clutches, lol. And still the usual stage I-IV per SLP.

I put a PAR head on my -11 and loved it. Could not feel the need on my -16 so I wonder how the response will be on the Patriot.

Narrower front and narrower bars really has me wondering what, if anything, I would change.. :face-icon-small-con

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
The new A Arms are supposed to be stronger which is good. The aftermarket A Arms for the 800 are nice. I had a Kmod 37 kit on my 16 that I really liked. However, my dealer has seen a fair number of bent bulkheads with aftermarket arms because they were so strong. The Polaris engineers designed the stock arms to be a fuse.

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
www.alternativeimpact.com
There is still plenty of room for improvment in the shock department. I have an AI 36" kit on my 17, and love the added strength and ease of a trail fix when you do find a stump and sheer the lower hiem. Hopefully the new a arms will be a little stronger than the previous versions. I bent mine on me second ride.

We offered a lower kit this year for the stock width 39" for $399. It allowed the guys that wanted to keep the stock uppers, and we will do the same next season for the 36".

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
Yeah for me I'm definitely thinking boost, tether, BMFAB, shocks, DuraPro rubbers and I'm super stoked to see what ZRP comes out with for replacement A-Arms, and possibly a lighter rotating kit.

After running the Skinz seat it'll be hard to not get that again or do what AKFullThrottle did and cut the stock seat down some.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Shock companies like Raptor Shocks will still have a good upgraded front end package over the stock setup as it is a true long travel upgrade. Plus still stronger with arched lowers. With that said I am sure more will hold on to the stock until there is an issue but for me after running a season with the longer stroke set up I will be going that route again with Raptor.

Like said a Axis CNC Tether setup, Silber Turbo boost, B&M Bumpers for sure! Then I am really liking the C&A BDX skis for the rubber design, ski strength, and I actual like how aggressive they are.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I am leaning for B&M Boards, Staying with the Gulfi Ski Bumpers- He( Gulfi) said he will be able to make demand easier this upcoming season now with them out in force in the US market. (FB was HUGE)
Will keep with a Silber for the boost- and for sure TKI belt drive to replace the stock belt system.
Kevin @ kmod for the front and rear suspension-(especially the rear) since not much has changed there for 2019. Not much difference between his front arms and the raptor 37R.. Kevin is steller with customer service- and will have raptor shocks ( if they don't fit off my 2016 set-up)... and a tether!!!!

Here is hoping for true sealed harness and end some of the madness..:wine:

snowdog484

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Winsted, MN
It would be a tether, a can and i would have to back a couple decades to the retro NO FEAR sticker. Cause this sled would get me places I may not want to be!!!:face-icon-small-ton

T
Nov 11, 2008
I can't wait to run my ZRP offset spindles on a factory 36" narrowed down to 34"!

Seriously though, if I do decide to go to an 850 I am keeping my offsets and trying it lol

Premium Features