• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

No reverse with brake applied?

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
So I've been noticing on my '13 Pro that any time I have my hand on the brake, the reverse button is disabled... Whether I'm on a tiny incline where I just want to back up and don't want to roll forward, or if I can't quite get stopped going down a hill at 1/2 mph and want to use the reverse to help out, it won't do it as long as the brake is applied. Is there any way around this other than to let my hand off the brake the instant I push the perc button, and then grab the break again as the motor is re-setting? Very annoying to get used to after being able to engage it any time I wanted on my 900 and my 700. I've searched and can't seem to find any discussion on this.

Other than that, I've got about 400 miles on the sled this year and absolutely love the Pro chassis!

Last edited:

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
14,15 and 16 do the same thing. You could always unhook your brake switch from the brake lever so its doesnt know when the brake is applied. You could also wire in a small toggle switch that would allow you to bypass the brake switch in situations that you want to be able to use reverse when moving.

Some functions of the gauge require you to have the brake applied so you still need it to work in those situations. Eric

Premium Features