• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Muff-pot?

Clay911

Lifetime Membership
Aug 22, 2010
Alberta
This is also a question i think about on a daily basis. Coming from a sled where there was not day i didnt have food cooking i need to get one mounted.

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
This is also a question i think about on a daily basis. Coming from a sled where there was not day i didnt have food cooking i need to get one mounted.

i haven't seen one in the wild. but what strapping it to the muffler so the muff pot sits under the seat? that would keep snow off it for the most part. would look a little silly though

Revv Up

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2011
Revelstoke BC
www.revvup.net
I have had some success with my 14/501 Husaberg using a styrofoam cover with a fine duct tape finish, on a good day after some hard pulls it will melt the cheese on a sammi

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Bringing this back up.
Was kind of test fitting one on my YZ450 (backwards motor 2011).
See no reason it won't mount on the back of the pipe on that goofy loop in the stock pipe right befor it hits the silencer.
As blue hot as it is, it should have no problem heating up if I put a guard on top of the frame to keep some of the snow off it.
Pipe seems solid enough and sturdy to support it.
Just gotta trim the back fender a little where the mudflap would attach.
See any issue with this?

Got the idea cause I never have hot food anymore unless it's a family ride then I can eat off the sleds. Took a buddy riding last year on one of my sleds so he could cook me lunch, lol, and found a 7 month old rotten cooked hot pocket in the sled today! Barf......

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Just going to be hard to keep the snow off it. Let us know how it works out.

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Got one mounted on the bike today. Pretty stoked for some hot pockets!
2 hose clamps, super solid. Made a snow shield out of a broken snowmobile windshield. Should keep most of the snow flung by the track off of it.

image.jpg

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Jeeeesus, man I just revolutionized the sport of snowbikeing here and not a single response?
Guess I'll be the only one ski out there this year eating HOT pockets!
Hahaha

Ok ok. Looks good.:face-icon-small-hap keep us posted on the results please.

IShartd

Premium Member
Nov 30, 2007
Alpine County, CA
Jeeeesus, man I just revolutionized the sport of snowbikeing here and not a single response?
Hahaha
Revolution brother! first one through the wall....always gets a hot lunch.

P
Nov 30, 2013
Hahaha

You revolutionized it more ways than just that...theres now a solid reason for me to consider a Yamaha bike. I sure do love me a hot pocket on the mountain.

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Well don't jump on a snowbike just yet if a condition of riding is a hot lunch.
You all were right. Too much heat loss running in 3' of powder. After 30-45 min, lunch was thawed but not warm. Didn't leave it in to see how long. Put it in the sled cooker.
It may work on hardpack but defiantly needs protected from the snow.

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
crap i thought you had it

On a day like this all it was, was a snow melter.

Tell ya what though, those handlebar gauntlets are the best $34.99 I spent on th bike. No hand warmers on my bike. Rode the first 5mi in with no gloves! Even getting blasted and filled with snow, hands were much warmer than without. Didn't even change out gloves til late in the day.

IMG_0679.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features