• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Franklin Basin from Logan Cyn.

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
Anyone have a 'lot supervision' report for the parking area? Meeting a group of riders to hit Franklin Friday, but we'll be heading up north of the border all day. Not trying to blatantly skirt the system, but would like to not have to get a non-resident tag just to ride 5 minutes back into Idaho (I know......) We will be coming back out and staying at Beaver Creek so we can ride again Sat. Worth the battle, or just stop and grab a tag? Just looking for honest opinions from those who frequent up there. I'm very open either way. :rant:

BTW, anyone have recent snow condition reports? I know they are forecasting feet within the next few days, but knowing what's under that would be nice too.

J
Feb 19, 2008
Ogden
My experience is on a Friday there's a reasonable chance you'll get checked. Also if you're staying at Beaver creek and riding Saturday, the best riding is over the border there too.

I would just stop by a Maverick and grab one. Beaver Creek usually has them too.

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
Thanks. I can imagine some lots are magnets and others are free and clear all year. I'll prob just fork over the $30 and maintain my upstanding citizenry status lol. Buddy called Beaver Cr. and said we could only reserve a room if we rented sleds. We all have brand new sleds, so looks like we might be hitting my condo in Garden City.

Snotel says 51". Not sure where that stacks up or how conditions are closer to the border. Anyone been up there since last weekend? Land mines, avy conditions (will call the avy center with this storm hitting too), etc...?

Last edited:

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
$30.00 is way cheaper than the ticket you would be written. :face-icon-small-win

J
Feb 19, 2008
Ogden
I would stay in Garden city anyway.....

If your down there and already registered in Idaho I would venture up to Bloomington canyon. Best stash up there.:face-icon-small-win

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
Well, got a tag, went to Franklin Friday. Was crazy deep and still cold enough to stay light and fluffy. Had an awesome ride. Stayed at a condo in G.C. which was good because the sheriff was waiting at the bottom of the hill Saturday morning anyway. Said they could barely keep one lane open up to Beaver, the snow blower was broke, etc... Was late morning so we just hit Green canyon up St. Charles. Nasty new snow down low due to temps, but got good again above 7500 ft. Overall good weekend for sure. Never saw any UT or ID authorities, but at least we had documentation. Now it's time to pack up for racing.

Premium Features