• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Crossfire 700 cutting out

Jonathanpitzl

Lifetime Membership
Oct 4, 2013
Wabasso mn
I tried new plugs today and loosened the throttle cable a little and it's still the same, I clean the exhaust valves tonight and unhooked everything that goes the the bars.

I will test it out tomorrow since the headlights won't work because they are unplugged.

Today when I rode it, it was pretty cold out and it seems like the colder it gets the more it cuts out. I rode it in 38 degrees and it barely cut out.

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
I tried new plugs today and loosened the throttle cable a little and it's still the same, I clean the exhaust valves tonight and unhooked everything that goes the the bars.

I will test it out tomorrow since the headlights won't work because they are unplugged.

Today when I rode it, it was pretty cold out and it seems like the colder it gets the more it cuts out. I rode it in 38 degrees and it barely cut out.

DO NOT run it without the headlights.. you will possibly have a burnt up ECU. Only 07 and up can be run without headlights. You only need to unhook the plug that goes to the kill switch, it should have a purple and a tan wire in it.

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
I just had an issue with 06 M7 very similar. Ended up being the timing pick up off the flywheel. Have to remove the re-coil to get to it. Getting the wire through the rubber grommet will be a pain in the a$$ may have to loosen the allen bolts or remove them that attach the housing to block. Its 160.00, you should be able to do an ohm test to see if its the issue. The M7 has 1500 miles.

Last edited:

Jonathanpitzl

Lifetime Membership
Oct 4, 2013
Wabasso mn
Toke the sled out, unpugged the key, cleaned exhaust valves. And it still cut out. I'm looking for someone with a stock can I can barrow

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
Toke the sled out, unpugged the key, cleaned exhaust valves. And it still cut out. I'm looking for someone with a stock can I can barrow

That will not do anything, you need to unplug the kill switch. The plug is located behind the heat shield on the steering support in front of your gas tank. You will probably need to remove the three torx screws on the shield and find the plug coming from the handlebars. Like I said should have a purple wire in it.

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
Since you ruled out the tss, I would suggest using the can from your buddy and see what happens. Rule out the easy stuff first before you have to start digging in deeper.

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
check out the clutches for stuck rollers, worn spots in the weights. What kind of mods are on this sled?? Do you have a fuel controller?

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
Oil delete, no fuel controller. Rumble pack, and
Airvents

Im assuming your sled is the one for sale on craigslist in wabasso mn.. orange 06 crossfire black tunnel etc. Your airbox is not stock, what do you have going from the plenum in the hood to the speedwerx high flow intake? I'm willing to bet these airbox mods on there are the cause of your problem if you are still running that set up??

Jonathanpitzl

Lifetime Membership
Oct 4, 2013
Wabasso mn
the guy I bought it from just took off the rubber rubber that goes from the airbox on the hood the the one in the belly pan, the airbox on the hood is still there. And I tried putting duck tape over the aftermarket air vents on the airbox in the belly pan and it didnt do anything

Premium Features