• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1100 Turbo Specs

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
What is the model number off the stock turbo on the 1100t? Why has noone came up with a upgraded larger turbo to bolt in the stock location with stock manifold?

charlie99

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SL
Nothing about turboing a sled is cheap upgrading the turbo would be the first step then you would need injectors becuase the stock ones run at max duty cycleor aux injectors then a controller, then comes a fuel pump the list can go on and on really, Just look at what it ultimatley costs to get 270 hp out of a nytro.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Nothing about turboing a sled is cheap upgrading the turbo would be the first step then you would need injectors becuase the stock ones run at max duty cycleor aux injectors then a controller, then comes a fuel pump the list can go on and on really, Just look at what it ultimatley costs to get 270 hp out of a nytro.

All im saying is that a little bigger compressor on the stock turbo would give the turbo more ability to flow more than 220 hp at 10000ft. Also if it would move more CFM it would make more hp per lb of boost. The injectors should be good up to 250 at least at high elevation. A hijacker($600) and a new compressor side of the turbo($500) would make a nice 250hp kit.

backing up my claim of 220 hp.
_D&D-Glenn Hall-Said that 220hp is all the stock turbo will flow at higher elevations.

Hightime (forum Member) whos son is lead 4 stroke engineer at cat said 200 hp is max. Don't you think that cat knows the limits. I would bet money on it.

charlie99

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SL
I beleive the 200 hp at elevation as i came off a turbod dragon for the last 3 years running 8 lbs and it pulled much harder than the cat runs at 20 with hj 2.0 and straight pipe. Ive seen bigger turbos on light towers than on this thing. The 1100 na was probably the way to go.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
cartridge upgrade

This has been in the works for a while. It's not as easy as just ordering up a cartridge. Every kit I saw for the Z1 was a complete turbo swap so there was no R&D done with a just a cartridge. It has to be built if it doesn't exist in the spec you want, then get it on a dyno to see if the turbo is a good match for your application, then some real world testing. This doesn't happen in a month or two. It's too bad this wasn't done in the last 3 years so everyone other than the trail and lake bangers would just be able to buy it when they got their new 2012's lol. The cartridge and install is ballpark $700. I don't want to say anymore other than it is projected to be close to a 2860. Of course we all would want to have this to be available 3 months ago but just look at the controller and re-flash companies, most of them haven't had product out for a month. Realistically I hope to have it on mine and get it on the hill for the end of Feb or early March.

I spend over 7K for my MCX kit for my Apex uninstalled. Is anyone really going to complain about 250-270hp for $1500 including a controller or flash?

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
All im saying is that a little bigger compressor on the stock turbo would give the turbo more ability to flow more than 220 hp at 10000ft. Also if it would move more CFM it would make more hp per lb of boost. The injectors should be good up to 250 at least at high elevation. A hijacker($600) and a new compressor side of the turbo($500) would make a nice 250hp kit.

backing up my claim of 220 hp.
_D&D-Glenn Hall-Said that 220hp is all the stock turbo will flow at higher elevations.

Hightime (forum Member) whos son is lead 4 stroke engineer at cat said 200 hp is max. Don't you think that cat knows the limits. I would bet money on it.

Turbo, we have been testing this for 2 months. It's coming....along with programming to boot...tested in the mountains.

charlie99

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SL
Well i guess leave it stock till next winter when all the after market goodies and spare parts are available. I bent a a-arm a month ago and still waiting on that lol. Good thing there strong and its held together bent for a few more rides.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
This has been in the works for a while. It's not as easy as just ordering up a cartridge. Every kit I saw for the Z1 was a complete turbo swap so there was no R&D done with a just a cartridge. It has to be built if it doesn't exist in the spec you want, then get it on a dyno to see if the turbo is a good match for your application, then some real world testing. This doesn't happen in a month or two. It's too bad this wasn't done in the last 3 years so everyone other than the trail and lake bangers would just be able to buy it when they got their new 2012's lol. The cartridge and install is ballpark $700. I don't want to say anymore other than it is projected to be close to a 2860. Of course we all would want to have this to be available 3 months ago but just look at the controller and re-flash companies, most of them haven't had product out for a month. Realistically I hope to have it on mine and get it on the hill for the end of Feb or early March.

I spend over 7K for my MCX kit for my Apex uninstalled. Is anyone really going to complain about 250-270hp for $1500 including a controller or flash?

Turbo, we have been testing this for 2 months. It's coming....along with programming to boot...tested in the mountains.

Good deal guys!

Premium Features