• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

!!!!!NEED A BETTER TRACK FOR MY PRO!!!

P
so i just got my assoult and it comes with the hard track and i was gonna just order the better polaris track but if im gonna pay for another track i might as well order a camoplast track or whatever. whats the best track out there for this sled?

R

RidnHigh

Dec 2, 2007
Spokane Washington
Depends on your riding and how into the project you want to get. There are several options as far as a deep snow track. The competition track actually works pretty good though. My personal opinion, the only thing I would get and I am running it on my pro is the challenger extreme 2.5. Some people say that you need to go with the 7 tooth drivers and do the chain case mod for the 2.5 to fit, but mine has well over a thousand miles with no issues. Although, if I had the extra money sitting around I would run the 162 x3 " CEXtreme, but then you will have to do the drop and roll for sure. As far as just the best bolt in track without any other mods, you can probably find a used Polaris 5.1 for a decent deal, and they work ok, just not as good as a true after market track. You also have the option to do the new peak track, but i do not believe anybody has had enough seat time to tell you if it actually works yet or not.

C

coolx2

Nov 29, 2007
How much is Carl's charging for the involute drivers?

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
saw a couple guys already bitchn about the pc on there new m8s ones that switched to CE said it was a way better track way better then the pc. Just like the attack 20 once the hype wears off they will go back to a CE. Lets think a lil bit why not get a track that works awsome in just about every condition out there other then super hard snow and ice? First thing i will do to any new polaris sled i get is switch to a camo before it hits the snow dont matter how much HP you have if you cant put it to the ground. Now iam assumeing you are after deep snow mountian style riding. Good luck

boondocker rick

Premium Member
Aug 30, 2010
eagle river WI
I also have a pro assult. works great in the mid west, but I picked up a "take off" from carles cycle center with about 200 miles on it, very cheap. about 1/2 price from the new, give them a call. I just switch them out when I go to the rockies, takes about 40 min.

Hurricane Tim

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2009
I'm not that impressed with the Powder Claw either. Kind of like a toboggan going downhill. The Polaris 2.4 track works pretty well in my opinion, and I don't think the STOCK 800 has enough juice to spin anything bigger than the stock track. Too much track without a turbo = lower track speed.

D
Sep 17, 2009
Foam Lake SK Canada
I had the new camo extreme on my M8 last season. That track sucked on hard wind blown snow. Extremely sketchy. I loved my old camo extreme that I had on my 09 doo. that track hooked up no matter what. I would vote pclaw or try the new peak.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I have over 2,300 miles on my powerclaw and luv it! I haven't slid off any cliffs either. I ride with a 2011 pro and it doesn't climb any higher or go down any slower than me.

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
I had a PC on my TD8 and loved it ,put one on my Pro will see if it acts the same on the pro!

B

BigWill

Nov 21, 2009
Grand Junction, Colorado
I also have a pro assult. works great in the mid west, but I picked up a "take off" from carles cycle center with about 200 miles on it, very cheap. about 1/2 price from the new, give them a call. I just switch them out when I go to the rockies, takes about 40 min.

How in the hell are you changing out a track on a Pro in 40 minutes??

stonehands1

Lifetime Membership
Jul 26, 2010
Mt. Baker
Buddy did a avid dop and roll and peak 2.5 on his pro. WOW! way better than stock 2.4. Wish i had one now.

Premium Features