• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ouch... Chris Brown's a Hurting unit. Anyone see this?

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
Totally Agree

Wow, the prick level on this forum is at an ALL TIME HIGH.

Even with insurance, those kinds of injuries will break a guy very quickly.

Think of what the 20% is in a situation like this... it's HUGE. (they don't do 18 hr surgeries all that cheap anymore)

As a "professional" snowmobiler, getting insurance that covers that activity is going to be VERY difficult though, and likely beyond the means of a company like slednecks (his de facto employer in this situation).

Calling a request for donations to help a guy who helps push & support our sport A SCAM is a real A-**** move imo.

It sickens me to listen to all the armchair quarterbacks that don't have a FREAKING CLUE what it's like to be on the other end of this kind of thing. Go back to your couch & eat some potato chips...

Coudn't agree more, who said he does or doesn't have insurance or whether he will or will not pay his medical bills. What a bunch of heartless pricks!

Hope he recovers and get's back out doing what he/we love!

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
The whole "If you don't like it, then sitb on your couch at home," thing kinda misses the point. By him being underinsured we're still going to be covering a whole bunch of his medical expenses and whatnot, and when he went off the cliff I don't recall him asking insured people and the taxpayers of the US and Canada whether they were ok with it. He may have had a choice to go off the cliff, but the rest of us didn't have a choice as to whether we wanted to insure him if he did.

I don't know Chris from Adam but sure hope he recovers. Where do you guys get your info, I don't read anything about him being underinsured. Do you have bats wispering in your ear? WTF. Can't believe what is being posted on this thread.

H
Dec 12, 2009
But you don't feel that someone should have the right to try to help the guy out... that's what I was getting at. The comment that was made about the paypal thing being a scam... (not by you, but you responded directly to my comment about that) is pretty low imo.

A guy who does what we all love is hurt, you can help or not help, but to make the comments about how he shouldn't be doing what we all enjoy watching, or that someone is scamming by asking for people to help just seems really inappropriate to me.

Signed, captain extremo. (yeah... edit quicker next time!:face-icon-small-ton)

This guy has the right to ask for help, and that anyone who wants to help can. It's tax season, so my personal motivation to bail out others who make poor decisions is some what diminished.

For the record I never did take issue with the request for help, but I did find the level of macho bravado going on in the background fairly comical and somewhat annoying.

And yes while captain extremo was extremely appropriate for this situation I instead edited the post with what I thought was a more eloquent delivery of my feelings at the time. :wave:

S
The whole "If you don't like it, then sitb on your couch at home," thing kinda misses the point. By him being underinsured we're still going to be covering a whole bunch of his medical expenses and whatnot, and when he went off the cliff I don't recall him asking insured people and the taxpayers of the US and Canada whether they were ok with it. He may have had a choice to go off the cliff, but the rest of us didn't have a choice as to whether we wanted to insure him if he did.

I can see your point, but I would rather have my hard earned tax dollars go to helping someone like Chris Brown, then many other people I can think of. It looks like he goes out and makes movies which people sell and that brings in tax dollars through sales taxes and he was working and paying income taxes to either the US or Canada or maybe both.

Now where I have trouble with my tax dollars being spent are people who never have or never will contribute to society in any way, shape or form. Chris Brown doesn't fall into that category.

BTW, a check is in the mail. Get well soon Chris.

Last edited:

HMC 399

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2008
utah
HOLY $H!T, I never knew there were so many AZZho!es in the AC side. The guys hurt, whether he's stupid or not is irrelevant. If you can't say anything that is good about the dude shut the heck up, don't kick a man while he's down. It's big f'in conspiracy, the guy hit a tree so his buddies could make money off the film. Everyones entitled to an opinion, but some of these keyboard punks need to be takin out behind the woodshed, IMHO. I wish you well on a speedy recovery Mr.Brown.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
To me (unless he did it) It seems poor to post such a vid! So blow me!

Is there a paypal account in lou of Chris?

from you... "Gonna try make money off Chris's Near death experience?"

You either didn't WATCH the video, or you just can't READ what is printed on the screen as it starts or finishes.

This is Jason Moriarty (owner of Slednecks) posting a video about what happened to Chris, asking people to help Chris out, either in check, or paypal. The paypal address is chrisbrownrecoveryfund@gmail.com. There's nothing complicated about this. Jason is trying to help Chris in the greatest way he can, but getting the story out to as many people as possible who may help.

A paypal account "in lou of Chris" ?? I assume you meant "in lieu of", and that means, essentially, instead of. Doesn't make much sense, what you're saying. chrisbrownrecoveryfund@gmail.com

And yeah... I've got a strong opinion about this, and am going to be rather harsh, because every jackazz who posts negative crap gives someone who may have actually gotten off their butts & helped an excuse why not to.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Your a real piece of work backcountryislife. Do you respect anyone's opinion? More times than not all you're doing is being a douchebag. I have as much right to an opinion as you do. Show some respect for others.

From YOU "Should somebody have opened a paypal account though and started asking for donations? I don't think so. I think that's a scam."

Calling a request for help for a good guy who needs help "a scam" Why in the world should anyone show respect for you? Respect is shown where it is deserved. There's a difference between an opinion, and calling something a scam, that's actually closer to slander if you get down to it.

J
Jan 15, 2010
That will sure help the guy that's hurt. Instead of hoping bad things come onto people, you should get your wallet out and pay for this guy's medical bills.

I happen to know Chris and I did contribute at the fundraiser at Dustys in Whistler.

All of you people slagging Chris amaze me. If he had stuck it everyone would be talking about how great he is, but since he got bounced to the right just a little bit now everyone is calling him stupid and irresponsible?? Grow up.

No where has it been mentioned that he doenst have insurance that I know of. Personally I have no idea, but to assume he doesnt without fact is ridiculous. No matter how much insurance you have, a month in the hospital and six in a wheelchair followed by however much recovery is going to put a HUGE strain on anyones finances. If you have enjoyed watching any of the slednecks vids in the past, help the guy out.

Last edited:

High Country

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Canada
wow

wow....where does one begin...

Chris... i'm saddened to hear of your crash and the extent of your injuries! So i empathize! I wish you well and think only good thoughts. I am glad to see you are surrounded with good people,namely Geoff Kyle....kudos to you bro!
You and Geoff are by far my favourite riders to watch and learn from... i don't know you and nor have we met.
But i however have seen that look(the one on your face,while you lay still as the medics attend to you,way way too many times) No one asks or deserves this!
...Such as this forum... no one should have to endure this.
People...i am saddened to say we share the same passion....as you sit around and bash this individual....WTF is wrong with you??? Don't you think for a minute he's not gonna see this!!!
Why dont "we" try and turn this around into something positive and learn from it...for instance we all have old equipment laying around "swap meet it" or "ebay it" and then paypal some of the funds over to Browns world. Try walking a mile in his HMK's....in six months that is!
i know i will!!!

p.s.
I would also like to extend my gratitude to the brave souls(men and women) that got you out of there that day without further injury or death

boone

Premium Member
May 27, 2007
Crazytown!!
Aside from the d**k measuring competition going on here...:popcorn:

Anyone that wants to better themselves in any way, shape or form, MUST step outside their comfort zone from time to time(god knows I need to spend a whole lot of time out there)! Was this the "best" idea of the day... probably not. But he tried...kudos to him for that! Had he pulled it off... no one would have thought twice about it and said "well that wasn't a good idea"!

Good luck with the recovery Chris. Hope to see ya back out there makin "bad" choices again soon!:decision:

Boone

M

M6johnny

Dec 4, 2007
Brookings SD
Your a real piece of work backcountryislife. Do you respect anyone's opinion? More times than not all you're doing is being a douchebag. I have as much right to an opinion as you do. Show some respect for others.

^^^^^^^^^^^^DOUCHENOZZLE^^^^^^^^^^^

This thread is about supporting a fellow sledder. All of you panzie azz haters should start a new thread if you think that what Chris does is TOO dangerous. Because this one was meant for support. If you don't approve of what he does, thats your opinion, but don't come in this thread spreading your hate for why you feel that what he does is wrong.

And to whoever first posted about the his insurance, you sir are the biggest DOUCHE on this forum. That is lower than snake $hit, this is not the place to be arguing over this. You want respect?? Quit posting garbage.

1MEX

Apr 19, 2008
915 to the 801
www.wr-products.com
Help couse it feels good...

I can't believe how this thread got away.. When some thing bad happens, everyone wants to know what and how and ask for pics or vid of the mishap. Now we get the questions answered up front only to see some a$h0les bash because they miss the point. Donation is that, donation. Not for-sable but by choice. Tax money goes to other stupid chit, like state assistance for lazy a$$es, but we deal with that.
On a regular bases you can turn on the TV and see fund raiser shows. Are they a scam? Who knows? Jerry Lewis hasn't showed me any results. "We are the world" song from MJ back in the day, I didn't see where the money raised went to. Hell, I never seen Santa Clause yet I still drop a coin or two in the bucket that bell ringing lady has at walmart. But I'ved taken great pleasure year after year on watching Chris do his thing in videos. I makes for better summers :face-icon-small-coo. There I have seem where my money has gone to and will go to, even if its my taxes... Critics are everywhere, but good peeps are far and few in between.. :beer;:beer;:beer; for those who help, and God bless those who don't... :wave:

IMHO... :face-icon-small-win

A
Jan 16, 2008
i haven't read all the static in this thread, so firgive if this has already been posted.

it stated on the Slednecks website that the snow pack sent Brown off of his intended line on the landing of the first drop, and he ended up going into the trees.

this forum has really gone down hill. where did all the people condescending people come from?

S
Dec 30, 2009
Well, it's good to see that the whole "those who don't ride the way I ride are wrong" arguement is just as alive and well on the mountain side of things as it is on the flatlander sites..............

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
Holy ****... If I know half of you guys where going to jump on the "**** Chris, that no insurance having snowmobiler and burden to us tax paying folk" bandwagon, I never would have posted it. I have no affilication to this even in the slightest, heck, I live in Ontario. But when I saw this my heart sank and I thought this would be the place for this to get the most positive response.

These riders, these vids, these plane and simple guys and gals push limits and drive the sport to heights that did not seem possible. If there wern't people out there to push limits in any facet of life, this world would be a pretty darn boring place to live. Product improvements are in every industry out there. These guys improvements seem to come with calculated risk.

I am a pretty sad to read the lack of compassion on this forum; If anyone could have understood what Chris is going through, I would have thought it to be other sledders. Insured or not, this is an unfortunate accident that happened to one of the pioneers of the new age of snowmobilers. I cannot for the life of me understand how this thread got to the point of bickering about how this accident is a burden on the taxpayers of North America. You guys can basically suck my left nut... and I truly hope that not one of you guys that are calling Chris out on his actions are smokers, do drugs, drive without a seat belt. I hope every one of you where a tether or a safety harness when you climb a ladder and are the epitome of the safety conscious person.

My only question in all of this is where are Chris's sponsors?

I for one did assume by the nature of the sport that their coverage was a little more substantial than what seems to be the outcome of this event. Could it be that the ones that were supposed to cover him are dropping him like a stone?

Speedy recovery Brown. You guys are my hero's.

triple650

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Canadia
WOW! some of you need to STFU!. i agree with everything backcountry says, because he is right. for those of you complaining that your tax money might help save his life, WHAT ARE YOU? you cant be human? because humans have compation for other humans. Its sad to see him get hurt like this, but even sadder to see how some poeple choose to act about this.

If you really think about it, dont your government spend millions of dollars bailling out huge corporations. Even when the CEO of those companys still make millions! YET, your gonna go and compain about your little bit of tax money goes to helping another human being survive.

Now have you calculated it out? how many peope live in the great ol USA? 300 000 000. Now lets say it cost 1 000 000 in medical bills and other stuff,(exagerating a bit but still) apart from what his insurence covered. out of the 10s of thousands of dollars you pay anualy that may go to useless things. YOUR GOING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT 300$$ TO SAVE A MANS LIFE??

you disgust me.

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
So he does those stunts without insurance huh? All that means is the rest of us who do pay for insurance are insuring him. And if he's in Canada, it sounds like the Canucks are footing the bill since I doubt anyone would really ever pay back 250,000 in medical bills.

I can see why people who do pay for insurance have to pay for people who aren't doing highly dangerous stunts but can't afford insurance. I find it a little ridiculous that we have to insure the people who choose to do the highly dangerous stunts without insurance. Perhaps if he couldn't afford the insurance, maybe he shouldn't be going off 100 foot cliffs into trees.

I'm sure what I said will piss a whole bunch of people off, but seriously, someone has to pay for medical bills for the accidents that will almost certainly happen. It's not like they can't predict that that stuff is going to happen.

I highly doubt its because he can't afford insurance. Most insurance company's wont insure people that do things like this.... I know on of my life insurance wont pay out anything if I die in a sled accident. Look at it from their perspective its not if you get hurt... Its when.

Last edited:
Premium Features