• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Check out this BS

M

mhanson

Dec 12, 2009
ok guys....

put your f'n glasses on and look at that washer. Where it is in the slot in the rail there is not a single mark on it. IF THAT WASHER WAS SPINNING IT WOULD HAVE WEAR MARKS FROM TURNING IN THE HOLE THAT IS WORN INTO THE RAIL. ALSO LOOK AT HOW ITS WORN INTO THE RAIL SLOT. THAT WASHER IS ALUMINUM JUST LIKE THE RAILS ARE.

There is something messed up or missing parts causing the axle to not be clamping the rails tight. or the bolt was loose end of story.

BOOM!

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
It could be that the axle lg. is too long and the washers may have never had the proper clamping force against the rails? Highly doubt it thou! Or it was over torqued upon assy and compressed the plastic adjusting blocks until they yielded? Maybe they left out the washers between the blocks and the bearings?

Mike

danredig

Premium Member
Jan 20, 2008
Detroit Lakes, MN
It is pretty clear in picture # 2 that the washer wasn't spinning since you can see where the washer clearly has a lip on it where the slot in the rail is. I was tempted to go out to my garage and take my axle apart quick to see if there are missing parts or just something else messed up on your axle but i am having more fun drinking beer and reading this on the couch!! come on someone else has to write in about how the washer was spinning!!!! :beer;:beer;

S

snowhound82

Jan 22, 2009
Arlee, mt
The reason the washer was spinning was because of the extremly high HP from the flux capacitor rotating the rubber mat that touches the snow which allowed the round metal piece of the ergen jergen to flipper doo itself into ablivian which also flattened the pancake looking thingy and then finally deformed the candy cane? I like BEER too!

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I had the same thing starting to happen on my 2010 but it was only on one side. I caught it before it did any damage. the way i found mine is the snow around the axle bolt on the right side was always black and dirty. What i found the cause to be on mine was that my axle was not perfectly centered so on the right side the axle was sticking out of the rsail like 30 thousands of an inch so when everything was tight the washer was able to vibarte a little. It made some black marks on my rail and washer but no groves at all

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
I am 90% sure that washer is flat on the backside and it was spinning to cause that much wear, aluminum can be very abrasive, after all that what they make grinding wheels out of( aluminum oxide = oxidized aluminum ), but regardless, that rail is shot, just about everything is the photo is shot, I wouldn't trust it

M

mhanson

Dec 12, 2009
I am 90% sure that washer is flat on the backside and it was spinning to cause that much wear, aluminum can be very abrasive, after all that what they make grinding wheels out of( aluminum oxide = oxidized aluminum ), but regardless, that rail is shot, just about everything is the photo is shot, I wouldn't trust it

I AM 100% SURE YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

look at the outside rim of that washer....if it was turning in a hole it would have wear marks....

SO I CAN TAKE THAT WASHER, PUT IT ON MY DIE GRINDER AND CUT STEEL??

AWESOME IDEA!!!!!!!!!

keep the posts coming we are getting good laughs at the stupidness!!!

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
SO I CAN TAKE THAT WASHER, PUT IT ON MY DIE GRINDER AND CUT STEEL??

I cut steel everyday with Aluminum oxide cutting wheels, Oxidized Aluminum is very hard, and WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME DUDE

M

mhanson

Dec 12, 2009
I cut steel everyday with Aluminum oxide cutting wheels, Oxidized Aluminum is very hard, and WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME DUDE

Join the club!!!! aluminum oxide is very hard.....totally different material than that rail or washer.

My point is that washer has NOT been spinning. Look at the pics.

If you put a round object in a cylinder and spin it, it will wear off the outer edge of the round object. and it won't wear into a grove of that rail if it was spinning.

Dan must be the only other person who can see....

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
I guess he needs to post a photo of the back side of that washer, I have a stock one here and its flat on both sides, just saying,

M

mhanson

Dec 12, 2009
I guess he needs to post a photo of the back side of that washer, I have a stock one here and its flat on both sides, just saying,

Sounds good to me!

i know they are flat on both sides....so why is his wore into the groove??

explain that to me PLEASE!!!

I know it was loose i'm just pointing out the washer has not been spinning ( maybe a little when this problem started) but has since been stationary wearing into the slot.

The Picture shows it very clear.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Sounds good to me!

i know they are flat on both sides....so why is his wore into the groove??

explain that to me PLEASE!!!

I know it was loose i'm just pointing out the washer has not been spinning ( maybe a little when this problem started) but has since been stationary wearing into the slot.

The Picture shows it very clear.

the picture only shows the washer set back in the recess it wore into the rail, I guess you dont believe aluminum can wear aluminum, doesn't matter till we see the back of washer

M

mhanson

Dec 12, 2009
the picture only shows the washer set back in the recess it wore into the rail, I guess you dont believe aluminum can wear aluminum, doesn't matter till we see the back of washer

i'm saying exactly that aluminum wears aluminum!!! listen to what i'm saying!!!!!

Look at the thickness of that washer in the pic. Then look at the amount that it wore into the rail. Now compare those two thoughts and notice how far the washer is embedded into the slot in the rail.

for instance (I'll keep this simple numbers for simple ppl)

rail is wore 1/10 inch.

washer is wore 1/10 inch.

So why is the washer into the slot 1/5 of an inch??

BECAUSE IT HASN'T BEEN WEARING WHERE THE SLOT IS BECAUSE THE F*#@!n& THING HASN'T BEEN SPINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOOM!

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
well dosent really matter how it happed at this point dealer may fix but I dont think so hope so but prob not.so what are you going to do to fix I would think swapping rails would work then the auged hole would be on the inside of the rail and not affect anything

M

mhanson

Dec 12, 2009
well dosent really matter how it happed at this point dealer may fix but I dont think so hope so but prob not.so what are you going to do to fix I would think swapping rails would work then the auged hole would be on the inside of the rail and not affect anything

agree...maybe grind it a little flatter where the hole is wore in so the block will slide ok and then either add a washer by the bogie or cut the axle a little to make up for the thinner rail.

be up and running in no time.

S
CLEARLY the washer is spinning.

duty_calls.png

:focus:

(And no, the washer isn't spinning, it and the axle are moving back and forth a smidge and the washer gave first.) Weird wear pattern and weird how its like the axle bolts tightened it to keep it in like that. More pictures would show this to us armchair analysts.

Track should have been re-tensioned well before 800 miles shouldn't it have? I did mine before 100. I think I did it twice before 1000. And I'm pretty much as gas and go as anybody...

I hate to say it, but I doubt the factory would warranty this, just seems like something that should be caught during scheduled maintenance or something that happened during said maintenance. But hell, give'r a shot. A good dealer might wheel something in for ya. Good luck!

S
Feb 21, 2009
not spinning

Definately not spinning did this also and the load is on the bolt down fall of the the 2 wheel kit, it was broke and moving around to make the damage it is aluminum and does not take much to do this even if it is not broken...And no cat will not warrenty thats forsure... Weld and grind down about 100bucks.. Mtn sleds do not ditch bang very well. good luck.

Last edited:
Premium Features