• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 Pro RMK handling?

J
Mar 3, 2010
I'm thining about snow checking a Pro RMK 163, but I'm a little worried the powder handling will be very different from my Rev XP 163. I really like the way my XP handles (w/out sway bar) in powder. Can anyone that has ridden both sleds comment?

J

jpete27

Mar 8, 2010
Minnesota
Polaris sleds are very good for tight corner boondocking and turning in powder. I think it will handle better than the Doo, and you should be able to accomplish more in the trees. IMO.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I have ridden both. I feel the SkiDoo takes more, FOR ME, to get used to than the Polaris and AC chassis.

They have a different center of gravity and balance.

After riding the Doo for a while and gettting back onto the AC or Pol, I over-rode them. They took less effort to carve and boondock than the XP. I feel I can body steer the ProRMK better than any sled I've ridden.

When carving the Doo I kept having the inside ski bite down too hard and couldn't do it nice and smooth. I kept dipping and biting and it wasn't as easy for me to carve.
Got back on the AC and Pols and had a much smoother carving and sidehilling experience.

With that being said...that's just me and what I'm used to.
And my sled is a 2001 Pol GenII mod that doesn't handle like any of the new sleds.

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
I have ridden both as well. I actually rode them within a week of each other.
At the risk of sounding like I am bashing (which I am not) here is my take on them.
XP= Felt like riding a washing machine full of concrete. I know they are a light sled, but they just feel really heavy to me.
Pro RMK= Easy to ride, but not too easy. Less tippy than my IQ, but still really easy to do what you want to do on it. Makes you feel like a better rider than you are. I don't think you will be disappointed.

L

lucky13

Nov 26, 2007
northern utah
I'm thining about snow checking a Pro RMK 163, but I'm a little worried the powder handling will be very different from my Rev XP 163. I really like the way my XP handles (w/out sway bar) in powder. Can anyone that has ridden both sleds comment?

i own xps also and did get to ride the pro, it tips easier then an xp and also trys to get back on its feet like an xp. so you should ajust real quick. the snow was really bad and i did not have time to really test what i wanted too. imo it will need pilots first thing, it seemed to have the same power as my kids 2009 rmk so you might be a little disapointed with that, it might just be the track, all that said i rolled the dice on one about an hour ago, if it doesnt do what i expect, which is between an xp and a 2010 rmk, some polaris faithful is going to get a good deal on one

Ask Yourself

Lifetime Membership
Mar 14, 2008
I've rode them both the xp and the new pro rmk and i would say its like going from my crf480x to a crf250r in handling but with the power of my crf480x the pro rmk is so darn light fun and it really does run well. I can't wait to run it stock next to my friends hopped up xp next year, he is such a flippin die hard ski-doo guy.. I love the power of my turbo assault but i really don't think i will ride it much next year unless the wife wants to ride her new pro rmk lol...

Premium Features