• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 M8 oil tank warpage

S

Ski-Laxn

Nov 26, 2007
Longmont, Co
RKT fix

Here is a picture of Kelsey's new product. This is a very nice anodized black aluminum cap. The intension of this is that you never have to unscrew the cap. Just pull a pin and pop open the cap and fill. Cap is sealed with a rubber o-ring and has a brass vent on the top of the cap. This is made with the same quality all of Kelsey's things are made.

PA100002.jpg PA100001.jpg

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
Here is a picture of Kelsey's new product. This is a very nice anodized black aluminum cap. The intension of this is that you never have to unscrew the cap. Just pull a pin and pop open the cap and fill. Cap is sealed with a rubber o-ring and has a brass vent on the top of the cap. This is made with the same quality all of Kelsey's things are made.

Thanks for the post, Chuck

After struggling for years with poor fitting caps, distorted oil bottles, and leaking oil, we decided to fix the problem
We determined that the reason the oil cap is such a problem is due to the Oil Tank CONSTANTLY changing shape. This is largely due to the drastic change in temps throughout a snowmobiling day and night.. The Underhood temps get very hot during long running and then rapidly cool off during rest or at the end of the ride.
So, this , HOT-COLD-HOT-COLD is changing the shape of your oil tank.
After the tank shape changes the oil cap can be VERY hard to remove ( I have had to use pliers) and this is very frustrating!!
We also find that the sealing of the cap is suspect and if you fill it up to the rim, it will leak out oil and make a MESS!!
So, we approached this from a different angle than some others!
We figured that the REAL problem is the removing of the oil cap. Everytime you remove the cap, the tank filler neck will change shapes by trying to rebound back to its original form. Plastic has a memory and will try and retain its original shape.
So, we figured, if you can NEVER remove the oil cap, then the oil tank will not be able to MORPH into another shape.
So, we designed a cap that only has to be intstalled ONE TIME! So, by never having to remove the cap, the tank will be much more happy!!
This new cap is hinged and is of the "flip - open" design. So, you simply flip open the cap and fill your oil tank. No Mess, No Unscrewing, No Pliers, and best of all.. NO LEAKS!

Thanks
Kelsey

Oil Cap 5.JPG OIL CAP 2.JPG Oil Cap 4.JPG oil cap 1.JPG

4Z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2002
Western Washington
community.webshots.com
Wow, that is a 100% fix for sure. Very nice work!!! If I didn't got oil injection delete, I would have my CC out!!!

Way nicer than the cheap fix.

m-series%20oil%20tank%20neck%20insert%20001.jpg

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
kelsey - you gonna be at the SLC show? you bringing this oil cap thingy?

I will not be attending the show.. But check out "The Edge Motorsports" they should have some of them there....

SIDE NOTE: Look me up if anybody needs any Motor-Fist Gear.. I have much in stock and will beat anybody's price!

4Z.. Thanks for the compliments...
IMO.. the "cheap fix" does not address the real issue and the stock cap is prone to leaking if the tank is filled up to the top.. Besides,
sometimes that cap is just plain stubborn to remove.. so, we tried to address all the concerns.. Hopefully, we did.

Last edited:
D

DAN03REV

Oct 20, 2008
ALGONA, IOWA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

been receiving a lot of emails asking price, availability, and shipping

kits $16.00 ea. .. i have a large stock of all 3 types of kits ready to go .. ship same day if not the next .. shipping overseas is not a problem !! .. you want one - i will get it to ya !! .. been selling these kits for 5 yrs now .. oil caps are easier to tighten and loosen with kit installed .. no need to crack down on cap to get it tight .. kits consist of a sleeve w/o-ring for tight seal .. sled dealers have been picking these up to solve this leak issue .. if you are a dealer, contact me for price deal on large quantity orders .. thanks guys / dealers for all the business .. looking forward to another great winter !!

any questions or to order email me > DAN_03REV@YAHOO.COM

Last edited:
D

DAN03REV

Oct 20, 2008
ALGONA, IOWA
pics of a 2003-2008 SKIDOO oil cap ( http://www.kelch.com/html/products/productDetail.php?pid=6 ) and a Type #2 kit
DSC00331.jpg

DSC00332.jpg

DSC00333.jpg

DSC00334.jpg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

been receiving a lot of emails asking price, availability, and shipping

kits $16.00 ea. .. i have a large stock of all 3 types of kits ready to go .. ship same day if not the next .. shipping overseas is not a problem !! .. you want one - i will get it to ya !! .. been selling these kits for 5 yrs now .. oil caps are easier to tighten and loosen with kit installed .. no need to crack down on cap to get it tight .. kits consist of a sleeve w/o-ring for tight seal .. sled dealers have been picking these up to solve this leak issue .. if you are a dealer, contact me for price deal on large quantity orders .. thanks guys / dealers for all the business .. looking forward to another great winter !!

any questions or to order email me > DAN_03REV@YAHOO.COM

Last edited:
D

DAN03REV

Oct 20, 2008
ALGONA, IOWA
want to say thank you to all of you here on Snowest .. my AC kits have been a big seller .. thanks guys .. TEAM BUZZ RACING / DAN03REV

Last edited:
D

DAN03REV

Oct 20, 2008
ALGONA, IOWA
lot of emails asking if i have kits in stock .. this time of year i keep a large volume on the shelf so i can ship quick .. thanks guys
:face-icon-small-hap

S

Ski-Laxn

Nov 26, 2007
Longmont, Co
Have been using RKt fix all season on two sled's. Really like the idea that I do not have to unscrew the cap anymore just pull pin flip up lid and pour.

D

DAN03REV

Oct 20, 2008
ALGONA, IOWA
fits Arctic Cat and Polaris .. thanks guys :face-icon-small-hap
=======
$16.00 each US FUNDS .. USPS PARCEL POSTAGE included anywhere in North America

i accept PAYPAL, check, and money orders .. add $.80 if using PAYPAL

DAN_03REV@YAHOO.COM is my email and PAYPAL address .. any questions let me know ..

Last edited:

lbj

Premium Member
Mar 11, 2009
dan, are you still selling the oil inserts?i need 4 for my arctic cats. thanks.john.

M8 Rider

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
Riverton Utah
Oil Tank Fix

I went one step furthur on my 2008 M8 SnoPro. I used both Dan's and Kelsey's products. I never had a leak surface. Also keep in mind the better your exhaust is insulated and the better your engine compartment is vented the warpage problem is less likely to happen.

M8 Rider

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
Riverton Utah
Oil Neck Warpage

I have bought from Dan in the past. His products work great and his service is prompt. I just ordered one this morning. Buy from Dan and you wont be dissapointed.:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features