• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07/08 M1000 ECU Update Testing Results

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
i have a slp pipe set and boon docker box still think i should get the up date and will i have to change the settings?

I have the Speedwerx set-up and a BD box and i had the update done. It ran a lot better. I was having a hard time dialing it in and after the up-date it ran great. IMHO:D Yes you will need to tweek the numbers.

UtahEdge

Premium Member
Sep 19, 2003
Syracuse, Utah
From my ride today I did notice that the throttle response was a quicker and crisper but I also notice that it hurt my top speed. I ride a with a guy that has the exact same sled that I do, with out the update. Last week when we raced across an open meadow we were dead nutz even on all three passes. This week he would walk away from me every time.
Just my 2c.

Apr 21, 2008
From my ride today I did notice that the throttle response was a quicker and crisper but I also notice that it hurt my top speed. I ride a with a guy that has the exact same sled that I do, with out the update. Last week when we raced across an open meadow we were dead nutz even on all three passes. This week he would walk away from me every time.
Just my 2c.

I would sacrifice a bit of top speed for throttle response. How often are you actually driving it at its top speed anyways.

G
Mar 27, 2008
Idaho Falls, ID
what update is this called. had my dealer reflash, and he put a sticker on, said something like "Updated per Recall. 08-1-13" is this for the new flash, cuz i'm a little worried he flashed it to the 08 update. I had a bog on bottom end which i didnt have before, which sounds an awful lot like the 08 update. :confused:

Apr 21, 2008
what update is this called. had my dealer reflash, and he put a sticker on, said something like "Updated per Recall. 08-1-13" is this for the new flash, cuz i'm a little worried he flashed it to the 08 update. I had a bog on bottom end which i didnt have before, which sounds an awful lot like the 08 update. :confused:

The letter I got doesn't give it a name but it is as of February 16, 2009. He should have given you the boot around the exhaust exit, a mod to the airbox, and some additional heat shields and stuff.

Shwinecat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Milbank, SD
I agree, I will give up some top speed to increase throttle response and get rid of the low end bog. I can't imagine riding the sled without it lawn darting me over the hood when it bogs. Better yet rolling down the mountain after I commit to side hill and it falls on its face. I hope this reflash helps the next owner the dealer sells the sled to. I refuse to take it to the mountains again the way the 08 reflash made it run. I hope the 09 or 2010 are what everyone says they are.

G
Mar 27, 2008
Idaho Falls, ID
The letter I got doesn't give it a name but it is as of February 16, 2009. He should have given you the boot around the exhaust exit, a mod to the airbox, and some additional heat shields and stuff.

he said he hasnt recieved the parts in for the other updates, i'm assuming he knows what he'd doing. that could be a mistake. But i did not have a bog before and i'd say 4 or 5 times today i'd give it throttle and bog down, then go. Got me stuck once. The number on the sticker is what got me thinking, sure seems like a january 13 of 08 type of number.

M

Mnt bound

Aug 16, 2008
Western Colorado
Racinstation is right, Get it done. I ride a 2007 and my buddy rides a 2008 m1000 and we both had it done and it made a world of difrence. I run a y-pipe and can and the rest is stock. Hopfully this will help sombody. I am also out of warranty and dealer still did it. So at least check with them.:D

Are you running a fuel controller? I had a y-pipe and can on my 08 m1000. I burned up a piston and cylinder. I decided to run it stock after the rebuild. I wonder if I would be safe to run the y-pipe and can after the reflash without a controller? Thanks:beer;

P
Nov 26, 2007
Oregon
Nother Question

K so dealer tells me the update does not pertain to me because I run a BDX intake and an SLP can so I'm pretty much stock, but alas I have the funky low end bog and always have on this sled... I have been told a fuel pressure reg. slapped in there will take care of this problem, so what gives and what exactly does the FPR do to change this problem?? I'm not running a box with these either.... Therefore do I need to do the reflash or not? If I reflash will I need to run a box with these two changes, and at what point in these mods do I really need a box anyway? Ugggggg this chit is getting frustrating... :confused: Any help is much appreciated!!! Thanks

Guess I should add it is an 08 M1000 SP.

Last edited:

bgreen776

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
Kenai, AK
www.backcountryrebles.com
have your dealer check your fuel pressure before you buy a regulator. If its at the low end of the factory range, I wouldnt bother having one installed. The FPR did not help my bog.

I too run an aftermarket can and intake, if your dealer wont flash your computer cause of those mods, take the ecu out of the sled and hand deliver it to a different dealer. They dont need the sled for the flash, and can give you the rest of the parts for the update in a box. Most of it you'll probably throw away, but you might be able to make use of the exhaust gasket.

L
Mar 14, 2008
Edgewood , Wa
Reflash for the 07 M8 ?????

Racin station is there a reflash for the 07 M8 ... I've rode a bone stock 09 and it ran really clean . I would likefor my 07 to run as clean as the 09 ...

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
K so dealer tells me the update does not pertain to me because I run a BDX intake and an SLP can so I'm pretty much stock, but alas I have the funky low end bog and always have on this sled... I have been told a fuel pressure reg. slapped in there will take care of this problem, so what gives and what exactly does the FPR do to change this problem?? I'm not running a box with these either.... Therefore do I need to do the reflash or not? If I reflash will I need to run a box with these two changes, and at what point in these mods do I really need a box anyway? Ugggggg this chit is getting frustrating... :confused: Any help is much appreciated!!! Thanks

Guess I should add it is an 08 M1000 SP.

your sled will run better with the reflash. DEMAND you get it done. if necessary just slap the old intake and stock can back on if necessary. This is a good change for sure.

Racin station is there a reflash for the 07 M8 ... I've rode a bone stock 09 and it ran really clean . I would likefor my 07 to run as clean as the 09 ...

my 07 M8 doesn't have a low end bog as much as it loads up bad coming down hills. hit the bottom and it putters until it cleans up. It also does a high idle after a hill at full throttle, if i shut it down before it idles down it backfires. Is there a reflash for the M8 to cure this?

he said he hasnt recieved the parts in for the other updates, i'm assuming he knows what he'd doing. that could be a mistake. But i did not have a bog before and i'd say 4 or 5 times today i'd give it throttle and bog down, then go. Got me stuck once. The number on the sticker is what got me thinking, sure seems like a january 13 of 08 type of number.

My 07, stock with can was running great, very crisp throttle since new, had it flashed last week and it sucked, had a really bad midrange bog to about 5000 rpm, good top end, running pretty rich though, lots of smoke when I was on the bar.
I enquired and after checking with AC, the shop was told that the flash should not be done without the other mods. The extra shielding is because the pipe runs hotter and the extra air inlets are to lean it out and it will be great?
I am testing tomorrow, fingers crossed, this sled had run awesome since new, am wondering if I made a huge mistake!

C
Dec 14, 2007
I am getting my crossfire done on Monday some people say it works good and some say it does not work right.Dont know what I should do.

Rock Hound

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Central Mn
Had my M1000-08 done and I think it runs better. Crisper response like my old 800 w/ reed valves. Only put 3 miles on it around the field last night, will know more after next week's trip to the horns.

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
Picked my sled up from the dealer yesterday. 08m1000
Have not ridden it yet but I did notice it idles at a higher RPM which is a plus in my book.
I am a little worried as my sled has ran great since I bought it.
Only issue I have had is after a long pull if I let it idle it sometimes wants to die... I have never had a bog or any other issue besides that. *crosses fingers*

In talking with the service manager he has noticed that on all of the used sleds he has had to reflash they would not go through (including mine)... Took 2-3 times on most sleds to get the reflash to take.
Where ALL of his new floor models took on the first try.:confused:
Is there a possiblility that during the reflash information from the ecu is being sent back to cat?
I will update as soon as I get a chance to ride it.
The dealer is curious as ALL of the sleds he has done have been far from stock.
My sled is the first stock sled he has reflashed.

G
Nov 26, 2007
Battle Ground, Wa.
08 m1k sp HAD THE REFLASH MINE IS WORSE NOW. Idles now at 2000rpm thats ok but now it has an off idle bog only after you shutt it off for 5 min and restart and go then its gone. The big problem is now at about 6300 to 6800 rpm it seems way fat runs good up to that 6300rpm and wot. HELP PLEASE THANKS

ditch1000

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2008
Fort St. James, B.C.
08 m1k sp HAD THE REFLASH MINE IS WORSE NOW. Idles now at 2000rpm thats ok but now it has an off idle bog only after you shutt it off for 5 min and restart and go then its gone. The big problem is now at about 6300 to 6800 rpm it seems way fat runs good up to that 6300rpm and wot. HELP PLEASE THANKS

X2.

My 08 was whoopin ***. Got the update done on thrusday and it runs like chit now. I can't even run it at mid throttle. It's ok at low throttle and idle and whales at wide open bud the mid-range is screwed.
I'm pissed!!

Premium Features