• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Go with the Assault or the Pro-RMK...Shocks and Tracks question.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Ah yeah, the track mod...

Yep, trip the tips and run screws in there. Can't remember if he put the screws in the leading side or the back side of the lugs...and how far off the top do the screws enter the lugs?

Anyone got pics...ahem..Rob?

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
i trimmed mine just so all of the little nubs came off together. then i added 2 #6, one inch square head screws to the top of each paddle as per rob's instructions. if you get the right screws they counter sink and you can't really tell they are there.

W

WesG

Nov 26, 2007
Chetwynd, BC
checked the assault

Well dropped the $ on the silver/black assault. Hope the track is not like the 07 doo track :face-icon-small-dis I wish pol would offer a track choice. I doubt it would cost them any extra $$ to do so....

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
i trimmed mine just so all of the little nubs came off together. then i added 2 #6, one inch square head screws to the top of each paddle as per rob's instructions. if you get the right screws they counter sink and you can't really tell they are there.

Do you put them straight in from the top or at an angle just off the top? (I'm sure you want the angle steep enough to go in WITH the lug and not poking out the other side)

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
Do you put them straight in from the top or at an angle just off the top? (I'm sure you want the angle steep enough to go in WITH the lug and not poking out the other side)

strait down the lug. like this it is a diff. track but you get the idea

also check out post 45 on this link it has pics of it done on a 5.1 http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154154&highlight=F-Bomb+track+mod

track2.jpg

Last edited:
S

Skidooer

Oct 10, 2001
Well dropped the $ on the silver/black assault. Hope the track is not like the 07 doo track :face-icon-small-dis I wish pol would offer a track choice. I doubt it would cost them any extra $$ to do so....

I would bet it will be as bad or worse than the 07 doo track. Better plan on changing to a 2.4 polaris or a 2.5 camo extreme.

Kale

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I was able to compare a 153 Powerclaw 90 durometer to a 155 Camo Extreme 2.5 this weekend. Live in northern California and we had set up snow conditions this weekend, but not frozen and icy. Both climbed well but the major difference I found was braking going down hills. I could come to a stop going downhill on the sled with the CE, but the 90 duro powerclaw would just continue to slide. I wish we would have had a sled with a series 5.1 2.4 155 track to add to the testing.

For what it's worth,

Kale

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
IF you wanna stop just throw your spare belt over the end of your ski and come down.....OLD SCHOOL STYLE :face-icon-small-coo

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
From the sounds of things it sounds like the 5.1 is slightly better doing downhil then the attack 20, so instead of chetting your pants you just piss them. :)

Yeah... I went to the challenger extreme for that very reason. I can actually come to a stop now, instead of closing my eyes and praying to God for my life.

Premium Features