• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris turbo 800 non VES help 2 stroke

WYrider

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Gillette, WY
I just bought a polaris 800 non VES with a 53 series Aerocharger turbo.

Yesterday was the first time I got to try it out. It ran like crap. When I got on the throttle from a stop it had a little punch then fell right on its face, I mean it would not even go 25 MPH. Watching the boost gauges, The true boost was only getting 3-4 lbs and the boost gauge for the aux. fuel pump was going nuts. It would go up to 30 back to 15 down to 5- all over the place. It would do that If I left the manual switch for the fuel pump off or on. The first step I am going to take is to Jet it down a bit for my altitude. I am a bit higher then where the last owner rode, but i wouldnt think it would act up like that. There is something else wrong. Watched the EGT's they seemed fine. It starts right up and idles like it should. Please Help!

B
Nov 26, 2007
turbo-

I would say with lost of experience on these turbos and sleds, DON'T rejet yet that may cause a broken motor. You have another problem and jetting a turbo carb sled at the drop of a hat is gonna break your motor. Lots of things it could be so check that first. Sounds like you may have a fuel filter plugged. You may have a cracked pipe or bad reed. You might also have a broken turbo, or the veins could be adjusted wrong. Does this kit have a battery? how is the electrical run for the pump? is your pump a holley black fuel pump? does it have a fuel shut off valve? Most carb turbo's do not just a high low boost switch? Who's kit is it, or who did the turbo install?

Call me if you would like

801-389-1138 Spank

Last edited:

WYsteph

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
WY
www.dxgillette.com
OK wont touch the jetting. i am new to the turbo thing, though I would go out and buy a cheep turbo sled to get me started. I bought this sled from TNT on here. Jack Harris built this sled. It does have a battery, also has a boost high low switch but it hasnt worked for a while. Not sure on the fuel pump, it is black though- round. It has 2 boost gauges. One I know is true boost, the other works with the fuel pump. would that be a fuel PSI gauge instead? When I turn the pump on manuelly with the engine off, it goes strait to 11 LBS. Now when I was running it, it would go all over the place, 3- 30 lbs.

Thanks,
Brant

Crap just noticed i posted under my wifes login name. LOL

Premium Features