• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Handle Bar risers for 2018 Pro 800 RMK "163

S
Jan 23, 2019
Looking to get a good handlebar riser 2 inches roughly . Im 5'4 so I don't need a 6incher that's for sure. First time ordering one up so wondering if anyone has some good suggestions. Would I need cable extensions also with just a 2inch?:juggle:

M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
Wait...You’re 5’4”? You should be wanting to lower the bars not raise them. I’m 6’ and my bar setup is -3” from stock and probably should be -4”.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
I like Rsi ones, nice angle cut on them....put the bars where YOU like them best, however that being said favor the low side, instead of to high. i'm 6'6" and use +2"

Colbymh

Lifetime Membership
Sep 1, 2018
Oregon
Wait...You’re 5’4”? You should be wanting to lower the bars not raise them. I’m 6’ and my bar setup is -3” from stock and probably should be -4”.

I was thinking the same. I’m under 6’ but did u notice a big diff with lowering urs?

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN

At 5'4", a riser is going to create "ape hangers", even when standing..... and loss of blood in your arms when sitting during the trail ride to and from the good stuff. The more you read, the more you watch, you will see the best riders run lower bars for a lower center of gravity. Yes, low is good. [Bend at the knees and keep the back straight).

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Raising up your bars is completely wrong. You need to bring them forward as far as possible. Tip them all the way, just before touching the instrument gauge. Don't worry, the flat rotation of the bars won't hit your gauge. The grips need to be as close to vertically aligned with your spindles as possible.

After that, if you do need to raise them up, just pick up some extra long lag bolts and nuts at your local hardware store and raise up the whole clamping block.

Chris Burandt does it this way...

Premium Features