• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05-06 900 IQ Throttle/ Oil cable replacement

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
Got my cable installed today. Excellent instructions and great product. thanks a bunch. also was shipped fast highly recommend.

R

RideGuy

Jan 28, 2005
B.C.
Did you get the longer cables yet...??

I have a 3"riser.. and am going to put on some Pro Tapers in the future that require a longer cable.... Istead of a cheesy throttle extension I'd go for a long azz cable.....

I just installed a new engine/ throttle and oil cable so I'm not in a big hurry for the extra long one yet but would like one when they become available even if it is this summer...

Thanx

Ride

F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
Thankx for the great feedback BiggDawg.
I do have a few longer cables available for shipping right now, they are 6" longer for the tall risers so they will go up to 10".
I will put an order in tomorrow morning for more regular legth, and will have them for shipping in a couple of weeks.
FBF.

Last edited:
F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
Donbrown, I sent you a PM back, an order went in yesterday for more regular legth cables, I should get them in 8 to 10 days and I have the long cables on hand, ready to ship.

FBF

F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
It will as long as your oil pump is in good working condition and the pump lever is returning to idle by itself.
FBF

F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
I have received my cable order and have them ready to ship.
Please PM me for questions or order.
Thanks.
FBF.

T
Dec 27, 2007
Claude I to want to thank you for an excellent product ! Very glad you took the time to get this engineered. Polaris should have had the foresight .

Very easy installation I cant believe how smooth the throttle action is now compared to what it was.

Thanks again ! Chris

M
Dec 18, 2007
fargo
Hey Claude, great product, easy to install. It works perfect for my six inch riser handle bars. throttle is alot smoother too. Highly recommend this cable for the 900's.
Thanks, Mac

F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
You guys are quite welcome, good to see the positive results of such a simple solution to a bad design.
I like your avatar Mac, is this your own personal airliner, looks like a C172?

FBF

M
Dec 18, 2007
fargo
Hey Claude,
It is a 172!!!!! Not mine though. I Just got my pilots license this fall. I can't afford a plane now all my money is getting stuck into my 900!!!!! HAHA

F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
Flying is great, I have been at it for some 25 years now. I have been flying a Mooney for the past 14 years. Next one a Lancair IV, I hope.
FBF.

F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
Anyone thinking of mods and repairs on their sleds this summer, I have a few throttle cables left. As orders are slowing down, this may be my last batch so please let me know so you don't miss out. Thank you.
FBF.

Premium Features