• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2006 Rev 550 fan, need some help

snowhunter1

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2009
Fish Lake WA.
I bought this sled a few weeks ago, so no history on it. It has been sitting for some years (low miles 580) non electric start. I have done the fixing to get it running (carb boots, fresh gas and oil, chain case oil.....). The problem I am having is the lights on the gauge are on, head lights, hand warmers are not working, and tail light is working as it should be. I did notice when I bought it the left side lamp was shattered, but no damage to the housing. Sled runs fine, the speedo stays around 20 mpg when going down the trail. Just want to get this fixed. Any ideas?

Thx Mike

B
Sep 10, 2008
SE Washington
Same issue with a 2005

I'm having the same issue with a 2005 550F. Started a couple weeks ago when we took the sled out and noticed the right headlight was shattered. Brought it home and replaced the headlight, which was an annoying chore in itself. Took it back out last weekend and this time fried both headlights, all dash indicator lights are on,

All of the posts I'm reading point to the voltage regulator. So that's what I'll be looking into tomorrow. Plan to check the fuses too.

Trouble is Ski-Doo doesn't list a voltage regulator part number for a 2005 Summit 550F with manual start. For electric start the part number is 515-1761-89. The part number for a 2005 MXZ 550F manual start is 515-1761-88.

Called four dealers and stumped them all.

Not sure where to go with that, so any advice on the voltage regulator or any other aspect would be greatly appreciated.

snowhunter1

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2009
Fish Lake WA.
???

I replaced both head lamps and going to replace both hand warmers and try that. The voltage regulator seems to be working fine when I replace the headlights they both work I think what might happen is when the grips go bad since too much voltage to the lights thats blows the lamp out just a thought I'll post up when I find out when I get the grips and and run the sled I also talked to three different shops stump them also check the wiring harnesses everything seems to be good but just don't want to replace the voltage regulator at this time sorry for the run on sentence talking into my phone

snowhunter1

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2009
Fish Lake WA.
Well, replaced head lamps hand warmers, ran the sled today and hand warmers worked all day head lights sporadic on and off? Gage cluster also on and off. High and low beam not working. Any ideas guys? Loose ground? Bad left side controller? Voltage regulator? Any good input would help.
Thx

Premium Features