• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 M925 Mods that work

F

Fordmancat

Jan 11, 2008
Eastern Washington
I bought this sled new and have not ridden it very much at all. It started life as a stock SP M8, 162. I then installed a boondocker RG turbo w/ tunnel dump, 162 CE track, RK-Tek head, powder coated the rails and A- Arms the following year and had a lot of fun on it, but it just wasn't the power I was looking for. It worked great on the big climbs, chutes, and wide open area.

I pulled the turbo off and sold it and am now running a RK-Tek 925 with a boondocker box that I had reprogrammed from the turbo version. I am freshening the motor up this year with new pistons, higher comp domes (14.5:1), 3" CE track and a diamond S hood.

I am going to change over from stock cat weights to Rooster Adjustable as soon as I get this motor back together.

I will post my Boondocker numbers as soon as I get it all dialed back in.

I just couldn't see buying a new sled when the one I have does everything I need and still just walks all over the new pros, proclimbs and XMs. With my 925 I can still out pull any turbo proclimbs and XMs in the trees. I have drag raced a turbo proclimb (8 lbs of boost) and turbo Pro (unknown boost) and have beat them both for the first 500 yards and then they start pulling past the ol' free aspirated 925.

My primary riding is steep terrain with deep powder and lots of trees so I don't need 220HP that takes time to spool up. I really enjoy a solid 200hp that is just as or even more response than stock.

I primarily ride at 5-7000ft elevation and was pulling 79G weights with the turbo and was running 75G with the 2.5" track. We will have to see what happens with the new 3" track.

Kelsey at RK-Tek is very helpful and knowledgeable about what he does. I can only speak for the type of riding that I do and I would reference anyone to him for a big bore or other mods that do similar riding as me.

Updates I am looking to make soon would be a 36" kit and possibly a new skid.

Learn from my experiences and save yourself some money. Don't buy a turbo for your sled and just install a RK-TEK 925 if you ride the trees and like HP with no lag.

Send me a PM if you do similar riding and have either of those mods to let me know what kind of experiences you with with either.

Enjoy the season.

B

Brutus

Nov 14, 2008
Helena MT
I enjoy my 13 925 more than any other sled I've ever owned period. I like it better than boosted sleds for my elevation. I can't climb in the steep and deep stuff like the boosted sleds can but I don't want to either. A few thoughts for you to consider.

IMO the jaws big shark pipe kit makes this setup work. A must have.

I had the x3 on a turbo m sled and should have dropped down to 7 tooth driver and re geared dd. There's room in there for 8 tooth but barely. Got more vibration and noise than I thought. I would then cut as much weight as possible like belt drive, oil delete, hood, etc etc.... out of that chassis and ride the crap out of it. Heck by then you could 925 a proclimb! Lol. Enjoy the sled

Bru

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
Your inspiring me...I cant get away from my 2010 m8, I'm sure a nice BB kit would ensure she stays around for another couple years.

Got any pics??

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
I have a 925 2010 M and in the hills the old M works great ! But you have to upgrade to. 2.6 and a skid really helps along w the 36" A arms ??

Premium Features