• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Powervalve Solenoid Dump Hose

caboussleman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 7, 2011
Jackson CA
Don't block it just re-route it out of the belly pan to keep your engine bay clean. I put a long hose on and there was a rubber grommet in the upper shock tower plastic I ran it through and down behind the a arm mounts .

H

hoov165x

Apr 12, 2009
Bend, OR
On my IQ I used a on/off valve inline. There was supposed to be a performance increase, or more accurately, a change in the type of power delivery. I couldn't tell a whole lot of difference. Just wondering if anyone else on the Pro side has done the same.

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
What happens to valve operation if the hose fills with sludge or the hose freezes over?

s1d3w1nd3r1480

Premium Member
Sep 6, 2013
Mid-Michigan
I just bought some new hose and ran it out to the exhaust. Drilled a hole and put the hose out the belly pan just behind the deflector for the exhaust. My thought is that the exhaust will keep it warm in this location to prevent freezing and won't leave any more mess here than the exhaust itself will leave.

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
I always plug mine off. Never had an issue, only used for emissions. Plugging it just makes the valves open with the spring and cylinder pressure, like they did on the old ves motors.

Premium Features