• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

3in track on pro

L
Oct 31, 2013
Make sure you read the bad reviews also. Most say its the best thing since sliced bread, but some have taken it off do to handling. 2 guys I ride with put on x3's, 1 put on a 2.6pc, and I put on a 9104. All are 155 800's. Can't wait to compare.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I have one.

Downsides:
track is heavier (so what)
takes more vigilance to keep it cool (scratchers and good snow are fine)
too much heat can tear lugs (keep scratchers down and stay out of marginal snow conditions).
SLIGHT drop in track speed...but your speedo is off by a couple due to driver size change. Track speed may be negligible.
7t drivers can add SOME resistance. Need to have Avid antitab drivers, IMO.
SLIGHT clutching adjustments are a good idea.

UP-SHOT:
7t drivers geared me down just fine for my size and riding style.
MAJOR traction in powder and spring snow (pulls like a turbo, sorta. OR feels like you have EXTRA power when your normally out of a climb)
Just keeps tractoring up the hill.
DIFFERENT handling. (Not better or worse).
Hooks a heavry turn easier, IMO.
Your friends will admire your monster lugs and quiver at the mention of a hill shootout.
Your stock 156 will more than hang with your buddies piped 162 on that LONG climb and you can prove it to him.

Last edited:
H
Nov 29, 2007
Littleton,Colorado
Thanks,since I'm a basic member I couldn't read the most current reviews on the other post.I wanted to see the most current info.I wish I could afford the CMX drop and roll drive system.So anti stab?and 7 tooth drivers should do it or good to go without anti Stab?Since the newest track has the center port.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
It cost me about $2100 when it was all said and done.

I did some limiter strap work, offset axle and 8" big wheels, Avid 7t drivers, non-center-punched track, anti-stab wheel kit and trimmed rails.

That stuff must be done to complete this the proper way.

There is some labor...and some adjustments to the spring pre-load because it's going to handle differently when you are booning in and out of the throttle...and when you point it uphill.

Premium Features