• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ladies, show your support for GIRL RIDERS!

M

Momma

Jun 20, 2009
In the heart of the Kootenays BC
Hi Brianna,
I know some pretty phenomenal ladies in your area. I've touched base with them to see if you guys could have a ladies ride day. I wish we lived closer. I have a feeling you'd really enjoy my girls. They live and breathe pow too!
Let me know if I can do anything. You can pm me here, or add me on facebook and we can start networking you with other awesome sled chicks!

Have a great night!

Trish Drinkle

Sledgoddess

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2013
Idaho Falls, Idaho
I've got a question for all you ladies out there, as everyone knows sometimes we are not as strong as the men ;) what has been the best handling sled for you gals? i need pros and cons.. my dad and i have been waiting for the right deal to come along on a new sled and i was just curios i ride an 07 600 ski doo rev sdi with a 141 track right now

M

Momma

Jun 20, 2009
I love love LOVE love LOVE love LOVE my pro. It's so easy, and light. I ride a 155 and this helps me for many reasons. When I'm stuck I can unstick myself easy peasy, and it's super light to chuck around.

I had a 2012 and now the 2013, there is a difference in the handling and the zip factor.

I also super enjoy the 2013 Cat, in the 153. Again easy to throw around, and lots of oomph.

I learned on the M8 chassis. It was great but only took me so far, I found when I jumped on the pro my learning greatly opened up. 2008 suspension was a little difficult to set up, constantly seemed like it wanted to trench, but the 2009, 2010 and 2011 M8s are so much nicer suspension wise it seemed. In that year of cat I preferred the 162, just gave me more time to think if we were riding in the trees as it had better flotation.

If you guys are on a budget and can get into a used pro, that would rock socks in my opinion. Seems to be some pretty great deals out there.

W

Wowmom

Feb 10, 2013
Texas
My daughter and I both ride -- back in the 80's as a teen I saw a few women riders. Still don't see many - but it's good to see that I am not the only one who likes to get off the groomed trail.

My husband was riding last weekend and ran into some guys and they were talking at lunch he was asked if we (the girls) could make it to all the places they had rode today - implying that it was waaaaaay to difficult amid technical for anyone with curves. My hubby laughed and said, my girls ride places you guys could never make it to! Score one for the girls team.

Went to an avi class this winter 2 ladies in attendance, the entire class the other lady kept interrupting with comments like "if you stay on the trail this wont be a problem", "I'll never need a backpack on the trail" and on and on. My thinking was why in the heck did you waste your money and my time to come to this class? Stay in the trailer next time.

Sledgoddess

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2013
Idaho Falls, Idaho
thanks trish!! i have rode a pro a few times and really enjoyed it!! if i could get a cheap one that would be awesome but ive also rode my dad's xp and LOVE how it handles, little spooky at first but super easy to throw around

and wowmom, i agree why would she waste her money like that!! we need more girls in this sport and i think it's ridiculous how some guys think we cant ride!! we can ride just as good or in many cases BETTER than the guys. thankfully on here we have some good guys who are really supportive of us!!

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
You may think I'm joking but I look forward to the day you come back to help me get unstuck.

You keep shredding it and I'll keep working on getting you stuck.

Sledgoddess

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2013
Idaho Falls, Idaho
im sure tryin my hardest to get to that point!! ive improved so much this year!! if i hadnt of had that accident last year think of how much i would already be shredding!! the seasons to come i can only get better! thanks so much for helping me out!

allierae

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2012
Sylvan Lake Alberta
I ride a 700 RMK i love it its an older version, but super easy to ride with a 153" and very cheap and easy to maintain. I just got it all set up for me and ended up hurting myself over New Years, so not sure if I am riding the rest of the year, I highly recommend my sled for a girl strong or not, it handles like a dream!
There are not many girls out in Alberta that ride either and if they do they are riding turbo's and sleds I can't begin to imagine handling right now. I hope you find something that works for you! And some riding partners!

Sledgoddess

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2013
Idaho Falls, Idaho
allierae

I ride a 700 RMK i love it its an older version, but super easy to ride with a 153" and very cheap and easy to maintain. I just got it all set up for me and ended up hurting myself over New Years, so not sure if I am riding the rest of the year, I highly recommend my sled for a girl strong or not, it handles like a dream!
There are not many girls out in Alberta that ride either and if they do they are riding turbo's and sleds I can't begin to imagine handling right now. I hope you find something that works for you! And some riding partners!

thanks!! I'm really tryin to decide what to start lookin for i am pretty strong considering i work out to go ride! but that is really good to know i am actually leaning towards a pro if we can find one at the right price

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
We need to get you out on a new 2014 600 Pro.
Spent a full day on one playing on Jefferson 2 weeks ago and was REALLY surprised at how capable it was.
With YOU on it, it would be a killer combination.

M

Momma

Jun 20, 2009

allierae check out our riders on facebook. We have many riders in BC and Alberta, most of us on stock sleds and all skill levels. go to www.thebetties.ca or find us on facebook! We'd love to have you out with us for a ride!! I'll keep you in the loop if you'd like.

S
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane, Wa
profile.myspace.com
Tons of super rocking sled chicks out there in your area godess!! Check out www.throttelchix.com as well and their FB page, https://www.facebook.com/throttlechix?fref=ts. There are rides happening left and right of women getting together to just celebrate riding together or to spend a day focusing on their skills and comparing notes on what works and what doesn't work for them...

There is also TONS of information on this forum as well as throttle chix about how-tos and comparisons in chassis and motor size and such. lots of great thoughts ladies have chimed in over there and here if you use the search function!!

Welcome to the madness of riding, was is trish that said now is a great time to be a chick rider, so true, the scene is just bursting and there are so many ladies out there who are so passionate about the sport!! SUPER fun!!

Last edited:
P

PowderGirl

Nov 26, 2007
McCall, Idaho
www.facebook.com
I remember the days when I wondered if there were other women sledders out there too! I mean, the kind that actually got off the trail or didn't just sit at the bottom of the hill. (Although, I think that's perfectly OK! We all enjoy this sport in our own way!)

I attended the Ladies Ride's previously in McCall and now in Halfway and my whole outlook changed! I even run into women often in the backcountry around McCall (in the well known riding areas) and have a hand full of girl friends I can venture into the backcountry with (no men needed!). There really are A LOT of ladies shredding it up out there now - so many that now, I have a personal mission to help keep them connected and help the industry see this drastically growing group of riders (instead of just trying to get more women involved b/c it's happening!).

I have a 13 year old daughter who's ready to shred the backcountry but she's just learning to carve the pow. She does complain that there aren't other girls out there here age - and she's probably right but I really don't know? The average age of the women involved in my Throttle Chix community is 35 - 44 (I'm 35 now).

I want to work with my daughter this year as much as possible and perhaps she can find some friends her age that we can hook up and ride with a time or two!

Last edited:
Premium Features