• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wild Child M steering post brace

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
What does this part cost?

How much work is it to install?

69 plus 12 shipping to the USA. All it requires is unbolting steering post, drilling out the rivets on the old steering stops on the bulkhead and placing the new plate in place then bolt it on. Seems pretty straight forward.

L

Lushbomb

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 26, 2008
PAC NW
www.oneshotproduction.net
I just ordered one of these up today.

after what i had to go through last season to fix my bulkhead and reinforce the steering on my other Msled.. i'm not messing around with my new 09 sled.. 200 road miles before me is going to be 1000 mountain miles soon :)

if you like sidehill and jump and generally torque your sled over all the time.. this is a MUST!

N
Apr 8, 2010
Newcastle, WA
I just ordered one of these up today.

after what i had to go through last season to fix my bulkhead and reinforce the steering on my other Msled.. i'm not messing around with my new 09 sled.. 200 road miles before me is going to be 1000 mountain miles soon :)

if you like sidehill and jump and generally torque your sled over all the time.. this is a MUST!

How many pro-towing miles is it gonna get!?:face-icon-small-hap

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
I put these on all of my sleds and all of my customers sleds.
For a couple of bucks you can save yourself a lot of money and time in the future,cause if you ride them they will crack.
I am also using these on the older M7's,you just need to upgrade your steering post and drill the holes using the brace as a template.
I will take a pic later today and post them on the M7 fix.....

smokindave custom 01 010.jpg

D

dp2826

Dec 31, 2007
NW Iowa
I'm interested in seeing some pics of the M7 setup. I know the newer M8 post had a different bend to it. Did you offset where it mounts to the bulkhead to straighten out the bars?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Here is my plug for Wildchild (Canada Sled Parts)

This isn't a Cat chassis, but I've got a steering hoop and post from Kurt back from 2003. GREAT WORK!!!! AND IT LASTS!!!

Took this pic last night, as I'm selling my chassis.

attachment.php

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Like others have said, just a couple of hours, if it is your first time doing it.

Helpful hints; I pulled the spark plug out on the lower right hand side, when sitting on the sled, to free up some room. The a-frame for the steering post, take out the top bolt that bolts to the bulkhead on the PTO side, and loosen up the bottom one, this allows you to move the a-frame forward to slide the steering post up and out of the way.

Kurt supplies accurate directions on how to install it.

Very nice product!

Thanks again!

Premium Features