• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tracker DTS - Your thoughts

I'm thinking of getting a couple of used Tracker DST beacons, I know there a little outdated what with the new 3 antenna beacons, but would you still trust them and if you didn't have a beacon would YOU buy one. Thanks for your imput :face-icon-small-ton

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
Any beacon is better than a kick to the nuts. My preference and what I run is the Barryvox Pulse. I used to run the Tracker DTS and it is a fine Beacon, no complaints. The Barryvox is a much superior beacon to the DTS though.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
If you REALLY can't afford to get a newer beacon (Tracker 2, Pulse, Pieps, Orto S1, orto 3+) then I'd get a tracker. It's second fiddle to the newer ones for sure, but it's a good beacon all the same. I've got 2 T2's & I run an S1 for myself, and both of those were a notable step up from my older T1's that I had.

Check this site for the best reviews & comparisons I can think of online.

http://beaconreviews.com/transceivers/

Hopefully they can give you a good idea of how they honestly compare to the newer ones.

You could always get the T1, and then later upgrade to T2 or whichever, and then sell the T1 on Ebay.

Premium Features