• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Teth-air, what's the scoop?

R

rev827

Oct 17, 2008
I was excited when this product first came out, figured I would give it some time to see how they worked and if they had any issues before I would buy one. I've been riding for 15yrs and up until about a year ago hated wearing the regular tether because it would always get wrapped up on the bars when I was making rapid switches from one side of the sled to the other. I've tried it on my wrist, on the bottom of my coat, and hooked to my bibs. Either it gets wrapped on the bars or hung up in one of my control levers. So this Teth-air looks really good to me. What I can't figure out is why after 3 solid years is there so little information from actual users? There are very few reviews from non affiliated riders and nothing much posted about issues or glitches. This normally would be great if there were lots of positive reviews. Are people just not trying it? I would love to get one even though I think $300 is bit on the steep side, but usually after a product has been out this long there is a ton of information about it. What gives?

Rev

J
Jul 10, 2010
Alaska
I don't have one, but rode with a few guys that were using them last year. The ones they were using seemed to work pretty well. If you would swap sleds and forget the electronic bracelet the sled would die as soon as you pulled away from the guy wearing it. I think they did have one issue one time but they resolved it fairly quickly. Sorry don't have much information, but that is all I saw.
Rob.

A

alexhack

Nov 8, 2008
Red Deer, Alberta
I think why more people don't have it is due to the cost. 300 bones is alot to dish out on something like that. Pretty low on the priority list. $25 for a normal one and the odd tangle up makes more sence, to me anyways.

C

cantrideinmn

Jun 22, 2010
Howard Lake, mn
i bought one last year for my 09 crossfire 8 and i was having problems with it so i disconneted it. It worked well right away but when i took it on my first ride i hit a small jump and the machine quit. i tryed it for awhile longer and had the same results. i pulled it out this spring and i will be trying it in my rmk this season. if i have the same issue i will be contacting the teth-air.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
If you would swap sleds and forget the electronic bracelet the sled would die as soon as you pulled away from the guy wearing it.

That right there sounds like it's worth it.

"Dammit, who has my fvcking bracelet!!??? Come on this isn't funny any more!!!"
:D

4mcntrls

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2010
Drayton Valley Alberta
Most of my riding crew has them. They are great no tangles no issues so far. If you program your bracelets to all the sleds changing sleds is painless. Great product!

R

rev827

Oct 17, 2008
I really want one but it's one of those things that HAS to work! I've wrecked one sled in my riding career and it was directly from not wearing a tether, would hate to wreck one because my Teth-air failed mid climb or in the middle of the turn out.

Premium Features