• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Revelstoke 900 Ride - March 3,4,5 2011 PART 4 - PICS POSTED!

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Slowly getting the helmet cam vids uploaded.... out of a total of 53 I took, I have 10 that I am planning to get onto Youtube:D

Here's the first... I believe this is called Alberta Hill.... As you'll notice throughout all the vids, powder over the windshield and onto the intake vents was a serious issue this weekend:eek::D:D:D

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
That was an impressive trench haha

Heck ya it was! She was deep!!!!!

funny as hell when I went to turn around and got stuck just as bad as you did, lol... couldn't tell you weren't moving till the bottom fell out from under ya, lol.

Vid #3 is up now... nice long sidehill.... was moving pretty slow mid-way through, you can tell the sled is working, lol - 40 mph track speed and about 2 mph ground speed, haha:eek:

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
I've never even heard of a y-pipe failing before, you can see from the smooth 'ejection' of the pipe from the flange that the welds did not penetrate adequately. No spare on hand at the time:face-icon-small-fro

The SLP Y-pipe on my '06 900 cracked the same way a couple years ago. I mig welded it back together and ran it for a couple of weeks 'til my new one arrived. Now it hangs on the wall as a spare.

On another note, it looks like you guys had a killer trip. I really wish I could have been there. Awesome pics and vids.

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I'm pulling my "revelstoked engine" tomorrow, see what's all damaged.
Should be able to get some helmet cam footage processed by the weekend to share

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Well I wish ya the best for an easy rebuild Dano. :beer;

Here's the next vid uploaded.... I love short-cutting the trail through the trees:D:D

And then some choppy pow just off the trail - pow to the face, lol:D

Last edited:
H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
I'm pulling my "revelstoked engine" tomorrow, see what's all damaged.
"Currently: wondering if i can fix my engine for a few more rides this season"

Dan, for around 6G (or less), you can get my 9 with well over $20,000 invested. That includes rebuilt engine with updated crank and new crank case, Holz suspension, Boss seat and way too many other extras to list here.
Just imagine what you could build combining both sleds ! Hint, hint.:face-icon-small-hap

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Sweet pow in the sunshine. The trenches were deep, the snow was soft, and the sleds were running good:D:D One of my favorite times in part of an awesome trip!:face-icon-small-hap

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
damn, Sean, Maybe you need one of those jacks on your sled..lol. Were you waiting for someone else to come get it out for you?

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
1 more from that same cut block.... the beginning going down is my favorite.... nice to have to give it throttle down hill, lol:D Also went vertical and lost my momentum mid-run.... had to turn around, lol.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Hey look, Sean is still sitting there and not riding:face-icon-small-con

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
LOL...i NEVER wanna hear "hows it going" again in my life, haha...i hate you..

i was tired man, gotta take a load off the knees...i am still suffering mad pain in my knees from just the 3 days of riding, lol...feels like im 80..haha....

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.

i was tired man, gotta take a load off the knees...i am still suffering mad pain in my knees from just the 3 days of riding, lol...feels like im 80..haha....

I really should see if I could trademark that line, LMAO

"How's it going?"

hahahahahaha:face-icon-small-hap:wave:

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007

Ok, I would have thought you knew about this already. Go down to the store and get yourself two neoprene knee sleeves and put them on every time you ride. That will help warm up your knees and keep you from being a cripple at the end of every ride. If you put them on now it will help with knee pain too.

knee_sleeve.jpg

sleddude

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima WA
Break down #2 on day 3 of the trip- 7 miles up the trail and Mark's SLP Y-pipe let loose... he thought he blew his motor:eek:

This turned out to be Mark's very first tow out of the hills ever:( At least another 900 was the tow sled, lol.

100_6712.jpg

100_6713.jpg

100_6714.jpg

100_6717.jpg

DSC00419.jpg

I'm glad this y-pipe let go on the trail up and not up on top in one of the deep bowls with 4 feet of powder.

Thanks for not pulling me out to fast Seth, I know you guy's wanted to get back on the hill.

Hopefully SLP will warranty the y-pipe and send me a new one.

Premium Features