• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2 wheel kit

S
Dec 11, 2008
I just installed a two wheel kit on my 03 summit, it extended it from a 144-151 and relocated the axle for 8 " wheels, the 8 " wheels hang down about 1/4" below the hyfax, should I be concerned about this? the stock wheels only hung down about 1/16".

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
MMP's version is for multi-brands so the wheels extend down on BRP's and YES - it is a potential problem if you like to do big drops or jumps. Smitty's version is specifically for BRP sleds and does not extend as much - I can ONLY recommend Smitty's version. I'm sure most weekend warriors won't notice the diff but for me I sold the lame MMP version.

Have FUN!

G MAN

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
MMP's version is for multi-brands so the wheels extend down on BRP's and YES - it is a potential problem if you like to do big drops or jumps. Smitty's version is specifically for BRP sleds and does not extend as much - I can ONLY recommend Smitty's version. I'm sure most weekend warriors won't notice the diff but for me I sold the lame MMP version.

Have FUN!

G MAN

I believe I have a used offset axle kit for a rev. Allow running 8 inch wheels on stock rails.G man might know if thats what you need, it Mountain Machines

C

cwrolson

Jan 27, 2010
Williston, ND/Billings, MT
?

I just installed a two wheel kit on my 03 summit, it extended it from a 144-151 and relocated the axle for 8 " wheels, the 8 " wheels hang down about 1/4" below the hyfax, should I be concerned about this? the stock wheels only hung down about 1/16".

How did a two wheel kit extend your skid from 144 to 151?

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
How did a two wheel kit extend your skid from 144 to 151?

Thats the kit I,m selling, It offsets up and allows you to run 8 inch wheels and offsets back allowing you to go longer, My 151 rails with this kit allow me to run a 156.

C

cwrolson

Jan 27, 2010
Williston, ND/Billings, MT
?

It's an offset set-up. It kicks the axle up and back or up and fwd. Depending what you are wanting to do.

It's designed to kick it up so that the wheels don't go below the skid, which (contrary to some opinions) is bad! Puts a ton of pressure on those bearings and axle especially under extreme riding. It's not designed to take the place of rail extensions to take up 3" of track difference.

Premium Features