• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 900RMK w/151

mtbroncrider

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2011
Helena/Wibuax, MT
y-pipe is off, but im still having to put alot of pressure on it to get it to budge in the boots

didnt notice any holes......was kinda an after i was home observation...i look tomorrow

how would i know if it had the slp intake?

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
you would have had to remove it to get the throttle bodies off. Did you pull a plastic part off the front of the intakes already?

SLP intake
14-285_M.jpg

stock
9292C06.Gif

mtbroncrider

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2011
Helena/Wibuax, MT
apparantly i have the slp intake too....LOL

now to remove the TB, reset the TPS, clean the reeds and case out, then start putting it back together

hoping to hear it run tonight

mtbroncrider

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2011
Helena/Wibuax, MT
got it all back together, and was almost ready to pull on it.....but i messed up the oil pump cable....guess i'll just order it tonight...LOL

since i have the slp intake, i can pull that phony looking plastic deal off the hood now right?

when i install that new cable, i'll clean the reeds and double check the bottom of the case, but im sure its clean

mtbroncrider

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2011
Helena/Wibuax, MT
yeah, that might very well be it.....its a little plastic intake screwed to the bottom of the hood....right about where the coolant/oil and brake are.....might just wanna leave it on...LOL

polaris wants $27 for that little oil cable.....gonna order one from frenchy, but the wife says i need to wait...so i guess i put the stock one on, and order the improved when im alowed

good news is i have work again tomorrow...plus a bunch of other crap going on the next few weekends, and non of it involves a snowmobile!!!

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
that plastric duct is only there to "direct" air to the brake rotor to cool the brakes...i have it on 1 sled, but not the other 2....depends on the hood, lol.

get thet FBF when you can man, honestly...you will replace that stock oiler cable alot and and spend more then the FBF is...so get her some flowers and just order it AFTER you send FBF the money....trust me... ;)

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
I took the plastic duct off. I really did not think ducting snow directly into the brakes was a very good idea. To bad I am not home or I would have sent you that oil cable for free.

mtbroncrider

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2011
Helena/Wibuax, MT
anyone have a pic of the rad. still in the sled?
i assumed it was against the bulkhead, but looking at the diagram in anouther thread....im now thinking it was takin out

i have a hose from the bottle, that t's into the t via a 90degree hose elbow

plus there is no rad. in the front belly pan....i had a 2 second wonder about it the other day when i pulled the slp airbox out...forgot to chase the answer down

once again you guys and your wealth of knowledge is absolutley outstanding

also will have my FBF cable order this week (guess the wife likes me again...LOL).....she even told me if i win this board, i can buy a dig out shovel....LOL
also, anyone have an idea where to get the handle bar hooks for cheap? i bought some from the local shop, at $17/a piece!!

Last edited:

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
anyone have a pic of the rad. still in the sled?
i assumed it was against the bulkhead, but looking at the diagram in anouther thread....im now thinking it was takin out

i have a hose from the bottle, that t's into the t via a 90degree hose elbow

plus there is no rad. in the front belly pan....i had a 2 second wonder about it the other day when i pulled the slp airbox out...forgot to chase the answer down

once again you guys and your wealth of knowledge is absolutley outstanding

also will have my FBF cable order this week (guess the wife likes me again...LOL).....she even told me if i win this board, i can buy a dig out shovel....LOL
also, anyone have an idea where to get the handle bar hooks for cheap? i bought some from the local shop, at $17/a piece!!

If you have an SLP airbox in the sled, then you don't have the radiator... the SLP Airbox sits in the exact spot where the radiator used to sit. It's hidden under the black plastic shelf inthe nose of the sled, you can see the hoses going to it.

100_3122.jpg

100_3125.jpg

Last edited:

mtbroncrider

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2011
Helena/Wibuax, MT
yup, it is apparantly missing from my sled....LOL

the more i ask, the more i know about this sled.......now how critical is it that i have it? wife wants to know.....LOL

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
yup, it is apparantly missing from my sled....LOL

the more i ask, the more i know about this sled.......now how critical is it that i have it? wife wants to know.....LOL

Depends on the riding you do.... if you do 100% mountain riding then you don't want it... it is a liability to be punctured if you hit a stump or other obstacle and when riding in deep snow that covers the nose pan vents it just acts as a heat sink - not good. If you ride primarily trails, it can be very beneficial if you re-plumb it in series so all of the coolant does one full loop instead of 2 separate loops.

mtbroncrider

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2011
Helena/Wibuax, MT
normaly do some trial, some off.....not much into hill climbing but i like alot of powder

think i'll just not worry about it....although i will....umm...lose the middle hose (plug bottle end, and go from a t to a strait union)

all i need now is the cable from fbf....and i have to order it first..LOL
other than that the sled is ready, and with all the snow we're getting in ready!!!

L
Mar 21, 2009
helena
should have some handle bar hooks can give u on cheap shoot me pm i will let you no if nothing else go for ride im layed off so unlucky me thats all i do ride

Last edited:

mtbroncrider

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2011
Helena/Wibuax, MT
so i'm sitting here at fairchild AFB, getting ready for this board tomorrow, and realize i forgot to bring my friggin combat boots

anyone know what a good design of these AF boots is good for ruck marching???? im not sure that even a requirement in the chairforce

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
so i'm sitting here at fairchild AFB, getting ready for this board tomorrow, and realize i forgot to bring my friggin combat boots

anyone know what a good design of these AF boots is good for ruck marching???? im not sure that even a requirement in the chairforce

LOL..

your gonna have to go to clothing sales and see what they got..

i used to be in a Mobil Tach Unit when i was stationed in Utah and we did 20mile ruck marches....THAT SUUUUUUUUCKED!!

the last boots i wore that i wore doing that kind of crap was the Converse Boots...they are Tan in color...i wore then in Iraq and loved them, VERY cushy and felt great..

they issue them to us in the Fire Dept here, but they didnt have my size at Base Supply, so ive been waiting forever for them to come in, lol..

good luck on that board man...i do my E6 test March 10th...i need the money more then ever now....its like $550/month raise :face-icon-small-con

mtbroncrider

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2011
Helena/Wibuax, MT
took second in the drill sergeant of the year compition/board

that said.....i got my FBF cable and ice scratchers ordered.....now i get to impatiently wait for them to arrive, so i can install and go ride next weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

then back to more army crap.....LOL
got air assualt school end of next month....only took a few years to get THAT school

mtbroncrider

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2011
Helena/Wibuax, MT
still no parts.......

lost out on air assualt, tryin to get airborne now...LOL

grrrrrrr...where are my parts?
if i hafta ride the XLT sunday im gonna be pist at my newly found canadian friends

Last edited:
Premium Features