• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My 2010 upgrades

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Just put down a deposit on my 2011 project sled today. It's a 2005 RMK 900 159 with a Timbersled skid and ice age rails already installed. I'll be picking it up on my way to the Snowies end of March. I ordered and FBF cable for it today and I already got an SLP head for it. Just have to start picking up the rest of the parts.

!CB,+!NgB2k~$(KGrHqR,!g4EzeFzI(rQBNHk-M3Tqg~~_12.JPG !CB,+G-!CGk~$(KGrHqF,!hUEzd5d5CcDBNHk-uS9Mw~~_12.JPG !CB,+EtwEGk~$(KGrHqJ,!mIEz+0E27skBNHk-jlspg~~_12.JPG

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
lol, I guess its hard to imagine no snow on the streets in the middle of Jan. There's probably 2 feet on my lawn.

Last week it was - 6 yesterday it was 60 . Its suposed to snow tommorow!Unfortunatly Z has at least 4 hrs on a good day more like 8 most often I am lucky and live 1.5 hrs away. I like to play in the snow not work in it. the MTN have about 100 inches of base and I have yet to shovel the drive. Gotta love the desert!

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Wish it was sooner but I am thinking it will be the last week of March. I plan to head your way if there is snow to ride. Then after that heading over to Denver and up to the Snowies. Going to need another Billet chaincase cover and rider select delete for the new sled when I can save up the cash for them. Maybe I'll get a TM3 for it and turbo it. Haven't decided yet.:face-icon-small-ton

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
there will still be snow ! i always ride into May at least . let me know and Illl put you up in the guest house !( my toyhauler) I never use it someone should .

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Sounds like a plan, I have to pick up my other sled in Denver afterward and might try to meet up with biggdawg in the snowies too.

Think maybe I should just drop my sled at your place so I can just run up in my truck and ride till the snow is gone.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Alright, I have decided I need to see if I can finish sled two before Sean does now.:face-icon-small-ton

Here is what I have got so far.

2005 RMK 900 159 with Timbersled Mtn Tamer and Ice age rails.
SLP Billet head
38" Timbersled Barkbuster front end
FBF cable
Dyno-port pipe and big volume can
Custom intake with K&N style filter and powder screen

Here is what I still need to get;

Polzinhunter billet chaincase cover, and rider select delete
2 sets of Front shocks, 1 for each sled
Skinz front bumper for 09 front
Skinz Rear Bumper
09 front end conversion
snow eliminators
Billet crossmember
more vents

As soon as I start working on it I will make a post for it.:face-icon-small-coo

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
Alright, I have decided I need to see if I can finish sled two before Sean does now.:face-icon-small-ton

Here is what I have got so far.

2005 RMK 900 159 with Timbersled Mtn Tamer and Ice age rails.
SLP Billet head
38" Timbersled Barkbuster front end
FBF cable
Dyno-port pipe and big volume can
Custom intake with K&N style filter and powder screen

Here is what I still need to get;

Polzinhunter billet chaincase cover, and rider select delete
2 sets of Front shocks, 1 for each sledSkinz front bumper for 09 front
Skinz Rear Bumper
09 front end conversion
snow eliminators
Billet crossmember
more vents

As soon as I start working on it I will make a post for it.:face-icon-small-coo

Man have I got a deal for you.... 1 set of Walker Evans air shocks, freshly gone through and charged up from WE.:face-icon-small-win

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Found a set of Float Evols to complete the sled. I'll be installing them before I head up to ride with Kreg.

Now I just need to convince Jsledder to actually sell me those WE's for the red sled.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
The Sled 1 improvements continue. I just picked up a Dynoport big core can off ebay to quiet the sound levels a little. I'll be selling my CPI stinger if the Dynoport can works well.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Getting the trailer ready to head to Colorado on Saturday. I hope there is still some snow.

I was able to bend the bracket on the 06 Dyno-port can I picked up to mount the 05 mount Lacation. Now Hopefully my Fox float Evols show up tomorrow so I can get them installed before I head out.
199923_10150105859086595_679401594_6740164_3936415_n.jpg

Last edited:

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Well, she finally made it to the snow. Better late than never I guess, and I thought I would post some results and feedback on what I did.

First I want to say thank you to Polzinhunter for inviting me up to Sled with him and for bearing with me while we worked out the bugs.:face-icon-small-coo

We unloaded the sleds on wolf creek pass and my sled ran for a total of 100 yards. Kreg pointed out the nice stream of fluid that was running down my left running board. The quick release fuel line clip broke coming out of the tank into the fuel filter. I am going to recommend only buying the clips from a GM dealer for this. I got mine at napa and they are the same made in China just that Autozone and O'rielly's was selling. I got the metal factory clip out of the trailer and got her going again in a couple minutes and bought all the spare plastic clips with me in case any of the others fail. All the other quick release clips held.

After that I managed to get about 2 miles and I overheated it because I had air in the lines still that I hadn't got bled out. That took about 10 minutes to get taken care of.

The sled steers like it has power steering now with the Timbersled extreme spindles on it. Unfortunately My new shocks didn't show up so I have the stock ridefx on there and they are way to soft so the first thing I did was turn the bars on a side hill and the sled flipped over and slammed me into the ground and then proceeded to roll the other direction twice before I could get it stopped. Now I remember why I took those damn things off in the first place, they work OK with a sway bar but not at all without.

After that we did manage to find a couple places to play around and cut some lines up through the trees. The challenger extreme track worked amazing in the spring snow conditions and I could go up almost anything at half throttle. That got me in trouble though because I got it stuck almost to the top of a really steep climb and thought I was going to roll it trying to get it turned down hill. Kreg got stuck to but he got his out first and was waiting at the bottom so he would watch if my sled rolled off a mountain into the trees. I managed to get it out but it was pretty scary there for a few minutes.

Let me also say that when you leave 1500 feet elevation and ride at 11400 feet elevation you are seriously sucking wind if you so much as have to get off your machine and walk around.

Almost forgot, Kreg let me ride his TM3 and that is the smoothest running snowmobile engine I have ever seen.

CIMG3816.jpg CIMG3817.jpg CIMG3818.jpg

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
I made and adjustment to the Timbersled Suspension today to put more pressure on the front of the sled to see if I could get it to me less tippy. I'll be testing it out tomorrow up at Vail.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
you bet! Im glad we rode yesterday its been a sand storm all day today ! 40-50 mph winds . I bet its crazy on the pass today its supposed to snow some up there tonight and tommorow. who knows how much I hope you see some @Vail. how is the snow anyway ?

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
you bet! Im glad we rode yesterday its been a sand storm all day today ! 40-50 mph winds . I bet its crazy on the pass today its supposed to snow some up there tonight and tommorow. who knows how much I hope you see some @Vail. how is the snow anyway ?

I'm down in Denver, but my friend in Vail said it was warm up there today but it is supposed to be colder and snowing tomorrow.:face-icon-small-coo

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Rode is Vail yesterday with a foot of fresh powder. I took the top shim out of the Timbersled skid to put more pressure on the skis and added 15psi to the rear shock and the sled worked perfectly. No rolling over and no getting stuck all day.

While we were working our way back to the truck I did have one incident after making a nice climb though some trees the sled started missing really bad so I shut it off right away and opened up the hood. My TFI fuel control had fell down into my primary clutch and got destroyed. I had to pull the console and fuel tank to remove the TFI right there on the side of the mountain. The Quick release fuel connectors that didn't fail the first day sure came in Handy. After getting it all put back together it was still missing pretty bad but I decided I would ride it to the bottom of the hill even if I blew the thing up doing it. About half way down the engine changed pitch and started running perfect again, must have had some air in the injector line.

199482_10150110000381595_679401594_6779355_6115004_n.jpg

Premium Features