• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

And the Build Begins.....A 900 RAW RMK from the ground up.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Exactly...so where are the rest of them? And would an 07 chassis be a "bolt in"??????

The one that was on here was not built by the factory. It was built from parts out the backdoor of the factory.

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
MH, you rock! My buddy has an 05 900 RMK, and I have a bulkhead/tunnel off of my 07 RMK. Last fall he says, couldn't we just put the 900 in that? I said, "I am sure someone has done it, or will do it, but, I don't have the fabrication skills, but I have the time, and you have the fabrication skills, but no time to do anything." He farms for a living. LOL. I can't wait to see how this all turns out, keep up the good job of documenting everything.:face-icon-small-hap

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
MH, i have a 2009 Dragon 155" rear skid that would sure look nice on that sled. I also have a 2008 RMK tank for sale as well.

I

IceCap

Nov 27, 2007
B.C.
Mountainhorse that is going to be one badazz ride..... You have inspired me to keep my 06 900 166" for a few more years.

Right now I am going to rebuild the motor.

Question... Is the new polaris crank kit much better than stock? (larger 32mm stub end)

S
Nov 26, 2007
Crazy Mountains
Mountainhorse that is going to be one badazz ride..... You have inspired me to keep my 06 900 166" for a few more years.

Right now I am going to rebuild the motor.

Question... Is the new polaris crank kit much better than stock? (larger 32mm stub end)

The 32mm crank kit in one word- "AWESOME"! I just finished with a full rebuild on my 06, I opted for the 32mm kit, new pistons and lots of other new parts. The motor runs better than it EVER has! I am once again pleased to be a 900 owner. I forgot how big of tractors these sleds are, it was pulling full RPM with no sweat! This summer I plan on doing "something" to lighten it up, and I plan on riding it for another couple years at least! :smokin:

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
That is going to be one of the most rediculous sleds on the snow I have a feeling ..

You should have a poll and let us all vote on what you do with the motor :D

I'd be willing to bet "TURBO" would win hehehehe ;)

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
This looks great. I cant wait to see what you do with it. Great Idea. I am willing to bet there will be plenty of chassis work to be worring about the motor that runs good already.

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
Hill climb was good as always and the greenie (initials M.C ) has already been in the local paper crying that it "scared the soul" of a frigginmountain?????
And yes it has snowed covering all traces of the scar!!! Jackazzez. 2+feet up top!!!
So are you done riding yet? How's the project?? Wanna see pics when I get back (from riding):face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Summer work...

Lots up my sleeve though...

I hope it will help fill in the summer boredom.

Click on "Thread Tools" above and the menu will drop down.. Click on "Subscribe to this thread" and the system will email you when there is any activity on this thread. (or any other thread you choose this option in)

Thanks for the interest... It's going to be a good sled in the end... cant wait to ride her next season.

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
You should also post this in the Member Sled Builds sub forum so everyone can follow this from beginning to end.. :face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features