• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The Turbo 900

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Well got the sled together and finally had the time to fine tune the little things i wanted done before the first ride. Im going to take this thing out this weekend and see how it does. The only thing i want to do at the moment is re-do the charge tube out of aluminum. It is all sorts of hacked togther for the time being. Also paint the gold shock spring white to match the other. I will keep everyone updated and get some movies up for everyone that wants to see one of these things run as i do. Here are a couple pixs of the final product(as of now)haha.
T900002.jpg

T900003.jpg

T900004.jpg

T900005.jpg

T900006.jpg

T900001.jpg

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
Crazy Mountains
Me neither, Would love to go up Portal on saturday. I have an extra spot on the sled bed i think.

I think I still owe you from the last time you drove to cooke lol. or did i pay you? guess i need to get that sled deck built so we can just trade off lol. too bad i am broke right now... trying to budget in the cummins in my truck!

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Well, good and bad news. Good: I rode the sled in and out and it didnt blow up. Bad: just as i started to get it tuned in better, i must have got an air leak or something. I was getting about 10 PSI and it was starting to run better and it went down hilll from there. i must have an air leak is what i have been thinking because on the way out it kept getting worse and on the trail ride out i could only get up to 3-4 PSI. Any thoughts from anyone? thanks for the help. Gonna go out again tomorrow.

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Here is the Avy i started with a buddy sled. A little scary.
bridgers002.jpg

This is what the sled looked like most of the day.haha
bridgers003.jpg

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Well found the air leak. There is a 10" crack on the charge box on one of the welds. This is the first thing i had made for the kit and i had a local aluminum welder build it for me. I would be ashamed if it was my work haha
glad i have a TIG now

Last edited:
J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Here is the damage.
IMG00061.jpg

Got it fixed up and gonna take it out again tomorrow to get some more tunning done. Tough work but somebodys got to do it : )

Last edited:
J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Well, sorry for having no Videos yet. Still working on getting everything working right. Had the cracked charge box, Now the exhaust pipe cracked on me. About 14" long. The bad part about this is that i was in West Yellowstone and had the opportunity to ride with Justin with Silber turbos. He was helping get it dialed in and about half way through the ride when it was starting to run great, the pipe went on me. Oh well, Great guy to ride with. Try it on saturday. VIDEO

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
WOW, Everybody needs a little boost. Ran it on 8 psi all day today and got it tuned in good. This thing is ripping now. Just took me a little bit of learning to get the box figured out but now that i know what im doing it is great. Blew the charge box apart again yesterday, but got it welded up again this morning and i am glad i did. Im just gonna build a new box this week to take that out of the equation. Can not wait to go riding again. and get movies for y'all

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Josh, get that thing ready this weekend and maybe we can actually go ride together.. maybe get some video of these elusive turbo beasts. and maybe some heads up racing. to see how they compare!!

Premium Features